Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

dattson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing huh? Why is it that no one is bringing up the fact that GB and GBC games don't save at all?
Forgot to mention that I have one of the first batch 101's and have only put about 6 hours on the thing. Found out about the save issue after 4 hours of Golden Sun were lost. Sucks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The website http://www.kteam.ys168.com/kh_login_sm.aspx?dlmc=kteam is down....damn i didnt backup the firmware for the revo k101....

here is the 10/21/12 revo firmware: http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/other-gba-files/download-k101-revo-firmware-10-21-12-f31155.html. i recall one after that but i don't seem to have it. if anyone can sort that out please upload any newer versions to filetrip.

Still nothing huh? Why is it that no one is bringing up the fact that GB and GBC games don't save at all?.

as for gbx, did you try running a goomba color compilation instead of the included custom build version? http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/How_To_Make_A_Goomba_Emulator_Compilation

-another world

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i hate when they don't include change logs. any idea what is different in this version?

-another world

Hello Another World its sad we cant recover the old firmware for the revo k101...anyway i only could recover the links for the first model the K1 you should download it and post it on filetrip...This the link if you want to download:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1905304534

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought one of these suckers. So if I use the *+L to go to the main directory that will for sure secure my save? Or will I still find saves going corrupt on me?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no matter what i tried saves are lost. i do not believe that production runs have anything to do with it. from what i read it just seems that some are more lucky than others. during review testing i did not lose any saves. i was rebooting and playing with button combinations constantly. after getting 3 hours into the minish cap, i finally had my first save lost. i still have some homebrew/roms with working saves, but others have been lost. there does not seem to be a pattern, it isn't affecting one group of games and not another. it is a real shame that this was never addressed, nor the other complaints about non-working games, sounds, graphics, etc. it really does seem like they have abandoned all support. which is really too bad because the revo is the best gba clone i've used.

-another world

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So
no matter what i tried saves are lost. i do not believe that production runs have anything to do with it. from what i read it just seems that some are more lucky than others. during review testing i did not lose any saves. i was rebooting and playing with button combinations constantly. after getting 3 hours into the minish cap, i finally had my first save lost. i still have some homebrew/roms with working saves, but others have been lost. there does not seem to be a pattern, it isn't affecting one group of games and not another. it is a real shame that this was never addressed, nor the other complaints about non-working games, sounds, graphics, etc. it really does seem like they have abandoned all support. which is really too bad because the revo is the best gba clone i've used.

-another world
when a save is lost is it the "last save" or is the entire save game gone. If it is just an hour or two of progress I can deal, but having entire game data...that is a deal breaker.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its completely random, so it could be 20 min or or 20 hrs. the entire save becomes 0 bytes, so everything is lost. the system does not retain saves in the dram after you power it off, as there is no battery back up. you won't know your 20 hrs of gaming are gone until the next time you power it up, and there will be no way to recover it. community testing has linked the problem with powering down the unit (either soft-off or a hard reset), so the problem happens while turning it off, meaning you won't be able to back up saves in the hopes that you can replace damaged saves after the next reboot.

-another world

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its completely random, so it could be 20 min or or 20 hrs. the entire save becomes 0 bytes, so everything is lost. the system does not retain saves in the dram after you power it off, as there is no battery back up. you won't know your 20 hrs of gaming are gone until the next time you power it up, and there will be no way to recover it. community testing has linked the problem with powering down the unit (either soft-off or a hard reset), so the problem happens while turning it off, meaning you won't be able to back up saves in the hopes that you can replace damaged saves after the next reboot.

-another world

Holy shit...that is a total deal breaker. Ok so I guess I will buy an ezflash iv to use with the unit. I can't believe that is an issue with the second generation of this hardware. I kinda feel like I just wasted 59.99

Honestly this should be a very bold note at THE TOP of gbatemp's review. I had no idea that was an issue, and for whatever reason every other review I read makes no mention. Why would someone sell a product that is absolutely broken like that?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as far as we can tell it is not a hardware issue at all, its a software issue.

the end of the review has two sections, in red font, that state the problem and possible ways around it. some users have reported that pressing *+L and then powering off works every time. However, i have personally lost saves this way and others have reported the same results.

-another world

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently ordered a K101, and I'm absolutely loving it. However, my Golden Sun save seems to keep disappearing. It just happened a second time now, and I'm kinda getting a little frustrated. The first time I didn't use the brightness + start dump function. The save disappeared after about three hours and thirty minutes of playtime. The second time I used the dump function religiously (after each in-game save), but it too disappeared after about four hours of playtime. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again? I don't want to start the game and have this happen again.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought, and honestly I have no idea if either would work.
But I remember the EZflash and other flash Karts using save patches so that the games would auto save and not have to be manually dumped. Is applying a patch like that something you could do with the Revo.

Or what about creating a savestate option. That way you could save anytime and it would not interfere with the system shutdown? Or rather the system shutdown would not interfere with it.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
when i click the links i get a message that the download link has expired or 502 bad gateway. looks like the firmware is lost until the original site gets fixed and/or ruilong can provide the files with change logs.

-another world

Another World ... today the original site of the k-team is online..im downloading right now the firmware files for the revo k101 you can access it in this link:

http://www.kteam.ys168.com/

You should download the files for the K1 GBA SP model and Revo K101 and post it in filetrip.I dont have account on filetrip so anyone upload it in their servers.

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there seems to be two firmwares in the k101 files." Belta" I am guessing is some manner of beta...which one of these suckers works better?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, the K -Team jumped ship? Am I reading that right? God damn it, I really don't want to have to back it up every night. Man, what do we have to do now?

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, the K -Team jumped ship? Am I reading that right? God damn it, I really don't want to have to back it up every night. Man, what do we have to do now?

That is what is annoying me. This system would be pretty darn ideal, but the fact that I regularly need to back it up, and even then, there is still a good chance that at one point or another, I will lose several hours of progress in one or more of my games. It a good deterrent from making me want to use the damn thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT