Hacking Revert to virgin Wii

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I had a go at softmodding my Wii (4.2E) using one of the guides found on GBAtemp Guide, and slected the Modify 4.2, everything went well and had the homebrew channel etc. Left the house to do my daily things and when I got home my children were complaining that the Wii wasn't working (bearing in mind that they have been spanking the PS3 for the last year, so the softmod was intended for the missus). This is the problem I am having...

The Wii boots straight in to priiloader (priiloader v0.1 (r15) I can get into the Wii system menu through priiloader but my homebrew channel has gone. I tried selecting HBC from the priiloaded menu but get a black screen with loads of white writing.

I then turned my attention back to the guide thinking that I could just do it all over again, so from the SD card, selected YES to load boot.dol/elf but after this it says:

Hackmii installer v0.6
This installer can NOT continue!
There is no known vunerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note we will not use a fake IOS due to security reasons.

Can anyone please advise on how to revert back to virgin state or at least get the HBC working again.

I questioned my children and it seems that they tried a system update and when it failed they formated the system memory (had a few choice words to say after hearing that)

I have been looking for ages for a similar problem that someone may have posted but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks in advance for any help. The kids will be going on Ebay for a 99p buy it now with free delivery.

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, but my reading abilities are stuck at english only. Couldn't even figure out where the link was to download it...lol

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, put pimp_my_wii in the apps folder, turned on Wii, priiloader came up, selected install file? but pimp_my_wii isn't there.

Would really appreciate someone holding my hand on this please.

Thanks in advance.

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any help would be appreciated please...even if I can get the HBC back, but as said earlier when I try to install it it says Hackmii installer v0.6
There is no known vunerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note we will not use a fake IOS due to security reasons.

That is as far as I can get, I downloaded pimp my wii and put on SD card but don't know how to get it to run without HBC.

Bootmii would only install as IOS

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't run bannerbomb as I get this message:

So, if I can't run bannerbomd to install the HBC how do I run pimp my wii? Can I put the boot.dol into the root of the SD card and see if it will run from there or can I only run it from HBC.

Going back to my first post, I done the softmod using the giude Modify 4.2, all was running fine until my kids decided to format the Wii system while I wasn't at home. With the SD card inserted in to the Wii I still get priiloader appear when I first turn on the Wii and can run the Wii as normal by selecting System, if I select Homebrew channel I get a black screen with lots of white writing. If I select install it shows boot.elf but again it won't let me install. Bootmii only runs as a IOS so not sure if there is a way of restoring nand.

I'm not ashamed to admit that this was my first attempt at softmodding my Wii (although everything was running fine until kids got hold of it) feel that I have bitten off more than I can chew!

All I want is for the Wii to be running normal with or without the HBC.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just put the pimp my wii or even the new dop-ios MOD v9gp boot.dol on the root of the sd card and run with bannerbomb and try and install ios30 v1040 and then try hackmii installer again

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If this helps, my SD directory looks like:

[FOLDER] apps
[FOLDER] AnyTitleDeleterMOD
[FOLDER] pimp_my_wii
[FOLDER] Priiloader
[FOLDER] Trucha Bug Restorer
[FOLDER] WadManager
[FOLDER] Private
[FOLDER] wad
[FILE] boot.elf
[FILE] hacks.ini
[FILE] installer.log
[FILE] IOS15-64-v257.wad
[FILE] IOS15-64-v523.wad
[FILE] IOS36-64-v3351.wad

bazzzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much, I'll give that a go when I can get my boy of the PS3...bloody charming, screw the Wii up and decide to go back to the PS3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay