1. BruhLookAtThis

OP BruhLookAtThis Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to Stream your HANDHELD Switch to your PC??? I'm out and about and would like to use my much bigger laptop screen to play my switch games on. Thought something like this would already be out in the wild but i cant find it

Ushiara likes this.
  2. junetwo

junetwo Member
    Newcomer

France
    You can stream your Switch with a HDMI capture card, but not handheld sadly.

Otherwise, you have sys dvr homebrew

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Yes. [email protected] only.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sysdvr-stream-gameplay-directly-to-a-pc.550616/
    I use a capture card to do the same, the Elgato HD60 S is more compact than a 2.5" external HDD, so it's perfect for laptop usage. And it has [email protected] But they are not exactly cheap. And you still need a dock. I have a smaller dock for portable use, that fits into my pouch, so I usually have it with me anyway. But it's not as convenient as wireless streaming, that's for sure.

SysDVR is more meant for recording or streaming gameplay to Twitch, YouTube etc and it uses the built in capture functionality which is only designed for recording clips so latency wasn't a concern. The latency might be too high to be usable for playing on. Even a dedicated capture card can have too much latency to be usable depending on your setup. Elgato's own "instant gameview" feature in their software is a load of bull, tested using Fast RMX, it was completely unplayable and I kept crashing into walls. But using OBS, the latency was actually low enough that I could play it just fine. That's a worst case scenario, so if that's playable in OBS, then anything is.
    But it doesn't cost you anything to try. Just be aware that the latency might be too high and if it is there is nothing you can do about it without buying a (decent) USB capture card.
    That's not streaming though.

4. junetwo

junetwo Member
    Newcomer

France
    Why ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switching, Reverse,