Homebrew Question Reverse In-Home Switching???

BruhLookAtThis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to Stream your HANDHELD Switch to your PC??? I'm out and about and would like to use my much bigger laptop screen to play my switch games on. Thought something like this would already be out in the wild but i cant find it

Reactions: Ushiara

junetwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can stream your Switch with a HDMI capture card, but not handheld sadly.

Otherwise, you have sys dvr homebrew

Last edited by junetwo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a way to Stream your HANDHELD Switch to your PC??? I'm out and about and would like to use my much bigger laptop screen to play my switch games on. Thought something like this would already be out in the wild but i cant find it
Yes. 720p@30 only.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sysdvr-stream-gameplay-directly-to-a-pc.550616/
I use a capture card to do the same, the Elgato HD60 S is more compact than a 2.5" external HDD, so it's perfect for laptop usage. And it has 1080p@60. But they are not exactly cheap. And you still need a dock. I have a smaller dock for portable use, that fits into my pouch, so I usually have it with me anyway. But it's not as convenient as wireless streaming, that's for sure.

SysDVR is more meant for recording or streaming gameplay to Twitch, YouTube etc and it uses the built in capture functionality which is only designed for recording clips so latency wasn't a concern. The latency might be too high to be usable for playing on. Even a dedicated capture card can have too much latency to be usable depending on your setup. Elgato's own "instant gameview" feature in their software is a load of bull, tested using Fast RMX, it was completely unplayable and I kept crashing into walls. But using OBS, the latency was actually low enough that I could play it just fine. That's a worst case scenario, so if that's playable in OBS, then anything is.
But it doesn't cost you anything to try. Just be aware that the latency might be too high and if it is there is nothing you can do about it without buying a (decent) USB capture card.
You can stream your Switch with a HDMI capture card, but or handheld sadly.
That's not streaming though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: