Gaming returning an unhackable PSP?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
Do you know that for sure? I heard anything bigger than a 64MB card works.

Don't listen to Mario, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

In order to make a magic memory stick, you need a stick that is at least 128 mb. Your 256mb stick will do just fine as a magic memory stick.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the MMS has to be from 512-4gig.
No lower no higher.
Official MagicGate.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
Pretty sure the MMS has to be from 512-4gig.
No lower no higher.
Official MagicGate.

No, 128mb is the minimum.
lecture.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After having tried to help her, it seems her card was failing IPL injection. We havent given up quite yet but if anyone knows why an official sony card might fail the IPL injection Id love to hear it
smile.gif

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Marios_shadow said:
esoterica said:
Just from my experience, nothing under 1GB worked, or anything over 2GB... Though I've heard 500MB cards work, too.

I did my MMS with a sandisk ultra 2 4gig card.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gekiwolf said:
Marios_shadow said:
esoterica said:
Just from my experience, nothing under 1GB worked, or anything over 2GB... Though I've heard 500MB cards work, too.

I did my MMS with a sandisk ultra 2 4gig card.

again, ignore Mario, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after Emperor helped walk me through it (and I appreciate it very much so), I'm not really sure whats going on, but nothing seems to work. I bought the God of War bundle, and it came with OFW 3.95. Is there any chance that I may have gotten the unhackable motherboard somehow?

Also, I am running on Windows Vista, and I have tried this with 3 different programs (Pandora Deluxe, Rain MMS, PSP Grader) and 3 different memory cards (256mb Sony, 8gb Lexar, and 2gig Sandisk) and they are all giving me the same error when I use Rain MMS and everything else just fails to work!

God, I must have the worst luck ever. First I get an unhackable piano black PSP, THEN I get one with a dead pixel, and now all my cards don't work. I'm going to hope that I'm just stupid and noob with this and thats why it's not working, and not that everything I bought was a defect piece of crap.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So it is IMPOSSIBLE to create a MMS with Vista? No other way? I have a desktop with XP but currently all my peripherals are hooked up to my laptop. Ugh, it's gonna be a pain in the ass. Is that really the only way??

Marios_shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
esoterica said:

In order to make a magic memory stick, you need a stick that is at least 128 mb. Your 256mb stick will do just fine as a magic memory stick.
Hey, I'm just talking about my experiences and what I've read... No cards I tried below 1GB worked.

No need to be an ass about it.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marios_shadow said:
m3rox said:
esoterica said:

Hey, I'm just talking about my experiences and what I've read... No cards I tried below 1GB worked.

If you don't know what you're talking about, then you don't know what you're talking about. Quit making excuses and except it.

Marios_shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Marios_shadow said:
m3rox said:
esoterica said:

If you don't know what you're talking about, then you don't know what you're talking about. Quit making excuses and except it.
It's not an excuse, I'm explaining myself. I'm not the only one who has had that problem, either.

"Except", is it?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Marios_shadow said:
esoterica said:
wrong i used a 4gig as my memory stick (sandisk with magicgate confirmed)
wink2.gif

edit: my suggetion to you is to find someone to let you use their computer that isn't xp

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok my main problem right now seems to be injecting the IPL, Seems like Vista just refuses to do it. I've tried all the different methods of getting it to run on admin, but none of them are working. I'll do the XP thing as a last resort, but is there seriously no method to do this with Vista??

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
esoterica said:
Ok my main problem right now seems to be injecting the IPL, Seems like Vista just refuses to do it. I've tried all the different methods of getting it to run on admin, but none of them are working. I'll do the XP thing as a last resort, but is there seriously no method to do this with Vista??
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68111
it says there vista sometimes doesn't work
why not save all the trouble and find someone with vista
really you've made this faaaaaaaaaaar harder than it should ever be
rolleyes.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as above use PANDORA DELUXE 2.7

pd27xt3.jpg

MAKE SURE you have added at least 1 original firmware by downloading it and adding it through clicking whichever firmware it is on the LEFT where the firmwares are listed click and add the appropriate EBOOT then under Installation options tick INSTALL SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR PANDORA and POPS loader if you want to use PS1 games and also check the Despertar Cementario v5 M33-3 box

Personally I use 3.90 as it works everytime for me then upgrades are just a case of adding the custom firmware to the mem card game folder and doing it in the PSP game menu
smile.gif

also make sure you have ticked the boxes In memory card options as per image like I have (note this will format and prepare your card ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!)

IF it does not work on VISTA then use the XP machine you dont need a lot on it just connect the PSP and it will install it as a USB DRIVE thats all you need to do apart from install PANDORA DELUXE and add the original firmware files the rest is a case of connecting the PSP and putting it in USB mode and clicking your drive letter and START
smile.gif

once the cards prepared turn the PSP off and put the PANDORA BATTERY IN (assuming you have one or have made one) whilst holding LEFT or whatever you have set the button to to start the DOS like interface for hacking your PSP to whatever firmware you chose
smile.gif

EDIT: go with the 2gb SANDISK it should work fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare