Retroid announces the Pocket 4 and Pocket 4 Pro handheld devices, launches December 21st

retroid.png

A new Retroid device is on the way, offering much-improved performance from its predecessor. The Retroid Pocket 4 and Pocket 4 Pro have been announced, with a release date of December 21st. Packed with a 2.4GHz CPU and 4GB of RAM, the Retroid Pocket 4 retails for $149.99, while the Pro offers a 2.6GHz CPU and 8GB of RAM for $199.99. While orders will open tomorrow, they'll ship on January 15 and January 25 for the Pro and standard models respectively. You can find the full specs listed below.

1. RP4 Pro:
    CPU: 4*[email protected] 4*[email protected] GHz
    GPU: G77 MC9@836MHz
    RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x
    Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1 + TF Card Slot
  2. RP4:
    CPU: 2*[email protected] + 6*[email protected]
    GPU: G68 MC4@900MHz
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x
    Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1 + TF Card Slot
  3. Touch screen: 4.7 inch, 750x1334@60fps, 500nits
  4. Heat Dissapation: Active-cooling
  5. 5000mAh battery
  6. Analogue L2/R2
  7. 3D hall sticks
  8. BT 5.2&Wi-Fi 6
  9. Official OTA support for incremental software upgrade

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know we're not looking to do that lol. I'm just speaking to how I don't understand how these nobody companies can afford to release so many of these devices, they certainly aren't all printing money.
Are tax write offs a thing in China?

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
You earn prestige over time and then you sell the Air Jordan. You don't start with the Air Jordan (you literally couldn't, he wasn't about to sign his name away to nobodies), stomp your feet and proclaim, "look how much street cred we have! Now buy our product!" And yes, these guys have made many of these devices, but they still lack such credibility. The average consumer will have never heard of these devices, but they will have heard of the Switch, and very possibly the Stream Deck.
Im a huge defender of american real fashionist like tom ford and few gay guys that are really elevating USA fashion image.But if there's something lame and out of fashion its Air Jordan and all NBA shoes galaxy.In that regard its like comparing a truffe omelette to a pancake.Same applies to kanye/kardashian/yeezy balanciaga garbages.So that prestiges is only seen by americans and people blindly following the media trends.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a huge defender of american real fashionist like tom ford and few gay guys that are really elevating USA fashion image.But if there's something lame and out of fashion its Air Jordan and all NBA shoes galaxy.In that regard its like comparing a truffe omelette to a pancake.Same applies to kanye/kardashian/yeezy balanciaga garbages.So that prestiges is only seen by americans and people blindly following the media trends.
Hey I'm not looking for Air Jordans either, just like I'm not looking for anything from Chanel. But that doesn't change the fact that I recognize that these products have 'earned' their prestige and people across the world will happily throw boatloads of money at such things (just not peeps like you or me lol).

DunkSB412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes for great counterfeiting of shoes...
of course there's tons of counterfeiting but with social media now, and sneaker re-selling sites the knowledge and evidences out there for buyers to differentiate real pairs versus fake. Now that doesn't mean the factories in china or vietnam aren't still mass producing fake pairs lol, but as a seller its pretty hard to sell a fake pair if you have a fake pair

Last edited by DunkSB412,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@Veho concerning ps2, are you sure they are no slowdown in any games? All small console had dome till then
I'm not sure about anything because the console is not out yet. "No slowdowns in any games" is a stretch though.

We can make an educated guess. Here's what the PS2 looks like on the 3 Plus:

Compatibility list:

And if we compare the specs of the 3 Plus and the 4 Pro:

Unisoc Tiger T618
CPU: 2*[email protected] + 6*[email protected]
GPU: Mali G52 MC2@850MHz
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x

MediaTek Dimensity 1100
CPU: 4*[email protected] 4*[email protected] GHz
GPU: Mali G77 MC9@836MHz
RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x

I think that spec upgrade will shift some (not all) of the titles in the compatibility list up by a grade.

So PS2: playable, PS3: no way.

j4k0b7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be interested to see if RP4 Pro makes all Gamecube games playable. Do folks think that it will? I watched a lot of review videos on the RP3+ and know it can play some Gamecube games but wondering how much this upgrade will really change Gamecube playability. On another note, I also wish that the RP4 Pro had an atomic purple but seems it does not.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I'll be preordering one on these within 2 weeks before they start shipping. I'll but the Pro. I've been waiting for the day in which I could run Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition on an Android device, and this device checks all the boxes for me at an affordable price.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course there's tons of counterfeiting but with social media now, and sneaker re-selling sites the knowledge and evidences out there for buyers to differentiate real pairs versus fake. Now that doesn't mean the factories in china or vietnam aren't still mass producing fake pairs lol, but as a seller its pretty hard to sell a fake pair if you have a fake pair
not on Ebay! Tons of fake sneaks on there... Vintage fake Air Jordans for $50 a pair.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to make this about ebay, but they will not remove repeat offenders for selling fakes. They make a TON of money off of fakes in thousands of catagories!

BUYER BEWARE!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol