Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
while it has a "dynarec" it still cant run most games at full speed, its a badly optimized dynarec and emulator overal, that is probably compared to an alpha release at best that was abandoned after like 2 weeks so i dont see anyone ever finishing it sadly.
Its true, I get about 10 fps (avg) boost with dynarec on.
It sucks that the dev didn't finish what they started but that's up to him.
If this is to ever be finished it will have to be done in house by the RA devs themselves. I really hope they decide to take this on and get it over the finish line the pieces are all there..

At least Castlevania SOTN is playable :P just a little sound stutter.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am probably not the only one, but newest retroarch version seems to crash when launched from the forwarder channel. It worked fine when launched through homebrew launcher though - is there a possible hotfix for this or whatnot? Or is there something possibly wrong on my side?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by ploggy,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After the last update of "nightly", nothing works for me anymore. Just the home button, but that's it!
When entering the game, nothing works, if home is pressed no option presented can be selectable.
But going back to "stable" version works fine!

Seems the buildbot for the Wii U is stuck on the builds from the 13th..... So I don't know what the deal is with the nightly not working for willianholtz. It's working just fine on my end.

There's a new nightly out, test to see if your having the same issues.. i'm not getting any crashes or errors booting the Channel.

gblues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some bugs squashed this weekend.
- Fixed a bug where pads weren't getting released properly on disconnect
- rewrote the dualshock 3 driver so it works with Mac OSX now. I don't think this will affect the PS button issue though.
- fixed the bug where wiimotes stop working if you attach/detach a peripheral
- @ploggy I took a stab at fixing the crash you hit with your mayflash adapter

UPDATE: merged.

Last edited by gblues,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got some bugs squashed this weekend.
- Fixed a bug where pads weren't getting released properly on disconnect
- rewrote the dualshock 3 driver so it works with Mac OSX now. I don't think this will affect the PS button issue though.
- fixed the bug where wiimotes stop working if you attach/detach a peripheral
- @ploggy I took a stab at fixing the crash you hit with your mayflash adapter

UPDATE: merged.
I downloaded the latest Nightly thinking it would be included by now, but looks like it not in yet I'll get the next one ;)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gblues your changes must have filtered into the nighty's by now? I downloaded the nightly that just finished 3:27am gmt and its still showing the same error as before.
I even tried plugging in the Adapter after RA has booted but it crashes as soon as the Adapters plugged in.
Is it possible the changes still haven't got into the new nightly's? it was taking a couple days for any new changes to hit the nightly's before, I can just try again Tomorrow :P

Time for bed :P

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@gblues your changes must have filtered into the nighty's by now?
Nope, the buildbot is still serving a compile from just before gblues's PR.

EDIT: The buildbot is now serving post-PR builds. I can confirm that the Wii Remote extension controller issue is completely resolved. Nice work @gblues!

As for the USB issues, while I no longer crash, I am having another issue which seems related. Firstly, I have a wireless dongle for a Logitech K600 TV keyboard in one of the Wii U's USB ports.

Upon RetroArch startup, the Wii U GamePad is configured in port #1 as normal, then I get two spurious notifications that my "Generic SNES USB controller (0/0)" is not configured, and then I get a notification "Device disconnected from port #1," referring to the GamePad.

I don't have a generic USB SNES controller, or a luxury brand one or any other kind. I can get control back in RetroArch by connecting an additional controller at this point (e.g. Wiimote), which results in it connecting to port #1 as expected.

I tried unplugging my keyboard dongle and got notifications that my Generic SNES USB controllers have been disconnected from ports #3 and #4.

If I keep my USB dongle removed from the Wii U, I don't encounter any of these issues, but obviously that also means I'm no longer able to use my keyboard. I'll get a log of what is going on with all these connects/disconnects in a moment, just wanted to document the basics first.

EDIT2: Log attached.

EDIT3: Probably the most relevant part excerpted:
Code:
[INFO] connecting pad to slot 1
[INFO] connecting pad to slot 2
[INFO] Failed to find entry for vid: 0x6d04, pid: 0x2bc5, name: USB Receiver
[INFO]                 handle: 2054648
[INFO]   physical_device_inst: 0
[INFO]                    vid: 0x6d04
[INFO]                    pid: 0x2bc5
[INFO]        interface_index: 0
[INFO]              sub_class: 1
[INFO]               protocol: 1
[INFO]     max_packet_size_rx: 8
[INFO]     max_packet_size_tx: 0
[INFO] connecting pad to slot 1
[INFO]                 handle: 1981637
[INFO]        interface_index: 1
[INFO]              sub_class: 1
[INFO]               protocol: 2
[INFO]     max_packet_size_rx: 8
[INFO]                 handle: 1911177
[INFO]        interface_index: 2
[INFO]              sub_class: 0
[INFO]               protocol: 0
[INFO]     max_packet_size_rx: 32
[INFO] Failed to find entry for vid: 0x6d04, pid: 0x2bc5, name: USB Receiver
[INFO] connecting pad to slot 2

Attachments

• retroarch.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by Vague Rant,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone having issues playing certain games on Scummvm in Retroarch? For some reason Toonstruck doesn't load (black screen) and tried Broken Sword 1 which works but the sound keeping breaking. I have Scummvm on Vwii and both games play fine. I prefer Retroarch as I mainly play on the gamepad and like the touch screen controls. Is there any way to fix this?
Your lucky, when ever I try to load a game for the Scummvm Core all I get is:
20211020_030512_001.jpg

Duxmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your lucky, when ever I try to load a game for the Scummvm Core all I get is:
View attachment 280631
Hi @ploggy I have noticed that if you just load the ScummVM core and then try to add a game it just crashes. If add a text file in the folder where the gamefiles are saved for a game, add in the text file the games ID and then name the file .SCUMMVM instead of .txt, you can then add it to a play list and certain games will work. Most of the older Lucas Arts games work like Day of the Tentacle but some just stay at a black screen.

Just strange that Wii standalone version of ScummVM seems to load every game I try whereas the Wii U Retroarch version is very hit and miss for what works and what doesn't.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @ploggy I have noticed that if you just load the ScummVM core and then try to add a game it just crashes. If add a text file in the folder where the gamefiles are saved for a game, add in the text file the games ID and then name the file .SCUMMVM instead of .txt, you can then add it to a play list and certain games will work. Most of the older Lucas Arts games work like Day of the Tentacle but some just stay at a black screen.

Just strange that Wii standalone version of ScummVM seems to load every game I try whereas the Wii U Retroarch version is very hit and miss for what works and what doesn't.
I dunno, it's always been a bit buggy. You can try making an issue about it on the github page.. it maybe an easy fix?
Thanks for the tip about editing the txt file I may try that out :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...