Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it that Wii U Retroarch has seen so many improvements lately and yet the ability to use any player's controller to navigate the menu hasn't been reimplemented?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that Wii U Retroarch has seen so many improvements lately and yet the ability to use any player's controller to navigate the menu hasn't been reimplemented?
That issue doesn't effect just WiiU the ability for any controller to navigate the UI is across ALL Retroarch platforms :/
It just seems to hits us hardest due to the WiiU Gamepad always being the UI Controller and the WiiU Gamepad being difficult to disable :P

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That issue doesn't effect just WiiU the ability for any controller to navigate the UI is across ALL Retroarch platforms :/
It just seems to hits us hardest due to the WiiU Gamepad always being the UI Controller and the WiiU Gamepad being difficult to disable :P
But it used to work though, clearly I don't understand the code, but I'd think it should have been an easy fix to bring back the ability, but I'm guessing it's more complicated than that where putting back on that code breaks other parts of Retroarch or something like that.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it used to work though, clearly I don't understand the code, but I'd think it should have been an easy fix to bring back the ability, but I'm guessing it's more complicated than that where putting back on that code breaks other parts of Retroarch or something like that.
Form what I can tell the plan was to remove that part and reimplement a better way to do it.. They just haven't got to the reimplement part yet :P I think they may have removed it abit prematurely.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems with the audio of some Sega CDs games with the latest version of Genesis Plus GX? Specifically a LOUD BUZZING noise halfway through the intro of Shining Force CD. I tested the game on pc and it runs fine there.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch Channel just goes to a black screen and plays an ambient music for the channel loading.

Is this a known issue?
Sounds like you don’t have the right files in the right places. How did you install? Last time I tried the homebrew store it stalled out without downloading everything, then I think it managed to work after another try but took a crazy amount of time.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, downloaded the latest rox directly from libretto download page, dropped everything on the SD, the RetroArch and WiiU folder, installed the channel, and the channel just go to a black screen with an ambient music (from the WiiU).

Launching RA from Hombrew Launcher works fine, but it seems that RA Channel refuses to Completely load.

The channel weights 6megas zipped and 9megas installed.

Every core has its own rpx, but according to the RA thread, the Channel somehow includes it's town rox, still, no difference, it just go to a black screen with with ambient music.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, downloaded the latest rox directly from libretto download page, dropped everything on the SD, the RetroArch and WiiU folder, installed the channel, and the channel just go to a black screen with an ambient music (from the WiiU).

Launching RA from Hombrew Launcher works fine, but it seems that RA Channel refuses to Completely load.

The channel weights 6megas zipped and 9megas installed.

Every core has its own rpx, but according to the RA thread, the Channel somehow includes it's town rox, still, no difference, it just go to a black screen with with ambient music.
If you are trying to boot RetroArch from Wii U menu using signpatcher, that won't work, you have to use a CFW for this (either Mocha or Haxchi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over