Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

gblues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty then.

Anyways, the sooner I get confirmation that the wiimote/classic controller bug is fixed, the sooner we can merge, and the sooner it's in the nightlies for everyone.

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty then.

Anyways, the sooner I get confirmation that the wiimote/classic controller bug is fixed, the sooner we can merge, and the sooner it's in the nightlies for everyone.

I can test in ~3 hours when I am done with paperwork! Please note I only have the newest generation of wiimotes on hand (with the sync button on the back cover).

gblues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can test in ~3 hours when I am done with paperwork! Please note I only have the newest generation of wiimotes on hand (with the sync button on the back cover).

That's fine. The nature of the bugs wasn't model specific. Mainly I want to ensure that the fix that I already know fixes wiimote -> wiimote+nunchuk transition, also fixes wiimote -> CC transition.

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine. The nature of the bugs wasn't model specific. Mainly I want to ensure that the fix that I already know fixes wiimote -> wiimote+nunchuk transition, also fixes wiimote -> CC transition.
As far as I can tell the Wiimote is working perfectly now and switches instantaneously! Nice job.

Wavebird Gamecube controllers still don't work (not sure if you implemented any fixes for that yet).

HID3 doesn't have the mGBA core but I'm gonna start testing core switching right now. Will update with my findings!

Last edited by JacobM,

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you play game like Yoshi Safari with a WiiMote as the 'Scope' ?
I recall two of my favorite game on SNES being Yoshi Safari and another one with robots, it was so good.

gblues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell the Wiimote is working perfectly now and switches instantaneously! Nice job.

Wavebird Gamecube controllers still don't work (not sure if you implemented any fixes for that yet).

HID3 doesn't have the mGBA core but I'm gonna start testing core switching right now. Will update with my findings!

The WaveBird issue is going to be a "use as-is" for the purpose of this testing. However, I still want to fix it.

I'll need to collect some logs. On Wii U, that requires a PC on the same network. If you have that available, PM me the IP address of your PC (it has to be compiled in) and I'll give you a new build and instructions on how to collect the logs over PM.

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know why i get a black screen with a "thumbnail" error when I slide to the right on my playlist?
does having too many games could do that?

EDIT: Ok, I think I found the reason. I disabled thumbnails and no crash then I looked at the first playlist and only a small part of my games actually show in the playlist.
Like, all games up to D but all the other playlists are fine.
Does anyone know what's up with that?

EDIT 2 : So there's a limit to how many games you can display per playlists? All my playlists only display a few of my games instead of all the games in the ROM folder...

EDIT 3: Looked at the playlist file with a text editor and all my games are correctly registered.
Anyone can help me? You all seems to be using RetroArch just fine and I keep encountering weird problems.

Another question, I'm trying to play this game called "Congo Bongo" on Atari 5200 and it's asking me to enter "1" or "2" to select the number of players, how do I do that?

Last edited by Murlocking,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having some issues with the latest nightly
Mame 2003 and FB Alpha both give dsi error with any rom I try and Nestopia just boots me back to the WiiU menu any nes rom i try. All other cores are fine.

Previous versions work fine for me just the latest nightly has gave me these issues.

Edit (Before anyone suggests it i have deleted the cfg files several times and retried but they still dont work lol.)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saying "I got a DSI error" is pretty useless information. Post the error you're getting.
Ok just redownloaded the 3 cores that where not working and now all 3 are booting me back to the Wiiu menu and Retroarch will only load once i delete the cfg files.

Has anyone tested 1.7.2 thoroughly for stability on here?
Every core other than fba/mame 2003/nestopia are working perfectly for me. Been trying out the latest version all day.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok just redownloaded the 3 cores that where not working and now all 3 are booting me back to the Wiiu menu and Retroarch will only load once i delete the cfg files.

Every core other than fba/mame 2003/nestopia are working perfectly for me. Been trying out the latest version all day.
If you get DSI errors, please take pictures of them so that the devs know how to tackle said issues.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you been spam-loading the menu to open and close, loading cores many times in a row?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok im back to getting the dsi error in mame 2003 and FBA

And Nestopia is still booting me back to WiiU menu. Like i said if i reinstall older versions of the cores and try the exact same roms i have been trying they load perfectly with the older versions of the 3 cores.

Have you been spam-loading the menu to open and close, loading cores many times in a row?
Yes works perfectly fine

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_162946.jpg
    IMG_20180426_162946.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20180426_163455.jpg
    IMG_20180426_163455.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.