Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else have errors loading up Lynx games? I've put the lynxboot.img in the Cores folder, but I get the entire screen of data dump when I load any Lynx game :<

Edit: NEVERMIND they work now okay, right. Anyone got a list of the working Cores for the Wii U system?

Last edited by skarmachild,

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Anyone else have errors loading up Lynx games? I've put the lynxboot.img in the Cores folder, but I get the entire screen of data dump when I load any Lynx game :<

Edit: NEVERMIND they work now okay, right. Anyone got a list of the working Cores for the Wii U system?
Hi, care to share how you got the lymx core working? I've tried everything (even re-setting the system path as recommended before.) But still can't get the damn thing to work.
Are your roms zipped or uncompressed *.lnx files? (Not that it should matter really)

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, care to share how you got the lymx core working? I've tried everything (even re-setting the system path as recommended before.) But still can't get the damn thing to work.
Are your roms zipped or uncompressed *.lnx files? (Not that it should matter really)

Yeah i mean i didnt change anything maybe it was errors when switching cores to gg or something.

lynxboot.img inside retroarch/cores folder (but i also duplicated them and put them in /cores/system too so could be either folder) im pretty sure, along with the sega cd bios's. i guess the directory should match in retroarch, can check or you. i use lnx files

edit: my system/bios settings are set to sd/retroarch/cores/system

edit 2: aand it broke again loading gauntlet. big black screen with white code dump text so idfk, unstableness i guess

Last edited by skarmachild,

fernandoshadows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I only have Bruce Lee in .tap format lol for C64, and it works, the sound is a bit choppy but it works.
Not sure about .crt format but .tap has a looooooong loading time, happened to me that if I press a button during the loading process it mess the boot flow and it gets stuck in the blue screen.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load a game, it'll bring me to the commodore 64 screen, where it looks like it's BASIC. (needing to type something?)

I don't know if. crt's are meant to autoload, or if I need to actually type something for the game to run? Very confusing, but that's where I am.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah i mean i didnt change anything maybe it was errors when switching cores to gg or something.

lynxboot.img inside retroarch/cores folder (but i also duplicated them and put them in /cores/system too so could be either folder) im pretty sure, along with the sega cd bios's. i guess the directory should match in retroarch, can check or you. i use lnx files

edit: my system/bios settings are set to sd/retroarch/cores/system

edit 2: aand it broke again loading gauntlet. big black screen with white code dump text so idfk, unstableness i guess
At least you got it to boot once... It isn't working.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Using latest nightly (as of 01/29/2018).
1. ATARI Lynx core doesn't work at all. Gives me this code dump). Doesn't work on PC either so I'm guessing it's the core fault, not the port for Wii U specifically. I have the bios correctly named and with the proper md5 checksum in the correct folder (SEGA CD works fine)

2. If I try to read the rbd files (trough the information/playlist information option within RETROARCH it gives a weird code dump, like an image superimposed over another image, weird)

3. If I'm playing X rom from X system and try to switch to a different game, on a different system (not sure if the same happens when swapping to a different rom, same system) it, again, gives me a code dump.

4. Trying to access "network information" on the information options completely freezes the Wii U. (Have to hard reboot the console)

All my roms are from the NO-INTRO romsets. Just in case you were wondering.

And this has nothing to do with issues but more with a question, Would it be possible to implement some sort of cache for the thumbnails so it doesn't take an eternity to scroll trough them?

Thanks for everything!

//COPY PASTE from my post on the LIBRETRO forums. since no one seems to be using those I thought I'd re-post this over here so guys with a little more "hand on" approach can at least report the issues.//

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to put it out there that Atari Lynx is working.. (it could be that it's inconsistent, but so far I haven't got a DSI Error when loading Lynx roms.)

Reactions: lordelan

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to put it out there that Atari Lynx is working.. (it could be that it's inconsistent, but so far I haven't got a DSI Error when loading Lynx roms.)

I have in the last few hours tried to load all 74 officially licensed Atari Linx games and everyone of them loaded with no issues so the people having issues must have something wrong their end. And on that note im pretty sure it is the bios file i remember hearing a few years ago that there are several bad dumps of the linx bios floating about on the old interwebs

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have in the last few hours tried to load all 74 officially licensed Atari Linx games and everyone of them loaded with no issues so the people having issues must have something wrong their end. And on that note im pretty sure it is the bios file i remember hearing a few years ago that there are several bad dumps of the linx bios floating about on the old interwebs

It may very well be a bios issue then. I guess we were just lucky :P
For the guys having issues I can't just outright say where I got mine from but I can say I got it as part of a bios pack ;)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the guys having issues I can't just outright say where I got mine from but I can say I got it as part of a bios pack ;)
Lol yes I think mine came from the same place was it that site where you can find EMU_lators and is PARADISE for retro game lovers.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

So the bios checksum on the libretro docs site is wrong then?
Could you post the MD5 of your bios? To compare.
I just updated to the latest nightly, hope it fixes whatever issue I'm experiencing.

UPDATE: The PC core works now (same bio, folder structure and roms) so I'm hopeful that means whatever the issue was on my end, was fixed by the latest nightly.
Either that or I am just negated to play lynx games.

UPDATE 2: NO, scratch that, Not even the PC core is working. I loaded the ROM onto the HANDY core by mistake (not beetle) so it is an issue with the mednafen port then.
Cause WITHOUT A DOUBT the roms work on PC with my same bios file, same roms but on the handy core.
Nothing happens with the beetle one.
Is the core looking for the bios file outside of the system folder or something? Where do you guys keep it?

UPDATE 3: Forget EVERYTHING I previously said. (shame on you for not noticing before as well :rofl2:)
After some digging up I found out that this poor excuse of a core can't take NO-INTRO verified roms since it needs a header to launch.
Since I'm not planning to get rid of verified games for "hacked" ones. Screw the core.

Last edited by sideskroll,
Reactions: cucholix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo