Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Tarpii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the latest stable build has support for shaders / overlays or video filters. I'm trying to recreate the CRT experience rather than pixel smoothing.

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Retroarch Wii U is taking screenshots? It's possible to take the regular screenshot of Wii U on browser on installable Retroarch Loader?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@LibretroRetroArc Could you think of any way to implement something like a "wake up drive" feature on boot?
My 5 TB Fat32 drive is working well in vWii mode for almost everything but doesn't get recognized from within RetroArch for Wii U (shows no directories or other content when going to usb:/)

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LibretroRetroArc Could you think of any way to implement something like a "wake up drive" feature on boot?
My 5 TB Fat32 drive is working well in vWii mode for almost everything but doesn't get recognized from within RetroArch for Wii U (shows no directories or other content when going to usb:/)
does it use USteath ? does Retroarch support it ?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does it use USteath ? does Retroarch support it ?
Not using Ustealth at the moment.
But I'm curious myself whether RA supports it.

And why are you assuming it needs to be woken up?
It might not be that at all.
Because it's working for any homebrew apps in vWii mode excluding USB Loader GX which is not able to wake the drive by itself.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using Ustealth at the moment.
But I'm curious myself whether RA supports it.

Because it's working for any homebrew apps in vWii mode excluding USB Loader GX which is not able to wake the drive by itself.

Is it a western digital drive? You may need the SMART utility and force it off.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it a western digital drive? You may need the SMART utility and force it off.
It is but it's not a MyBook but an Elements which does not support SMART utility or being wake all the time. :(
Homebrew Channel and WiiFlow are able to wake the drive while launching. USB Loader GX needs to be launched after WiiFlow to work with the drive or to have IOS58 as a global setting but that causes some of my Wii games not to boot.
However: RetroArch should have a wake up feature like HBC and WiiFlow as well I guess.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is but it's not a MyBook but an Elements which does not support SMART utility or being wake all the time. :(
Homebrew Channel and WiiFlow are able to wake the drive while launching. USB Loader GX needs to be launched after WiiFlow to work with the drive or to have IOS58 as a global setting but that causes some of my Wii games not to boot.
However: RetroArch should have a wake up feature like HBC and WiiFlow as well I guess.

Well that's dumb >.> I'm sorry, I was just trying to help :( Too bad you can't transfer it to MyBook or MyPassport HDD.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The sleep feature on MyPassports is freaking annoying, I had one hooked up to a server for backups, after a year I logged smart details and realized it had been spinning down and up a lot for no reason.
That adds a lot of wear to the drive for no reason. And of course no unix tools to change it lol.

Reactions: A Plus Ric

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just open up the casing and taken the drive out? Seems like a pretty impractical setup. Stick it in new housing.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sleep feature on MyPassports is freaking annoying, I had one hooked up to a server for backups, after a year I logged smart details and realized it had been spinning down and up a lot for no reason.
That adds a lot of wear to the drive for no reason. And of course no unix tools to change it lol.

I had to use the SMART utility tool to shut it off, same with my Elements drive, why they default it to on I'll never know >.> Oh well XD
Just open up the casing and taken the drive out? Seems like a pretty impractical setup. Stick it in new housing.

That would void the warranty no?

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ploggy @R0B0T0 I've pushed a fix for the horizontal animation issue, should be working now.

Thanks, very happy to see more attention given to this port.

I believe the Wii U makes a fantastic emulation machine, considering it has ability to play Wii U, Wii and Gamecube games natively, and also possesses enough horsepower to properly emulate all previous Nintendo consoles. (Not to mention the novelty of the gamepad for off-tv play)

@lordelan Have you tried using the hidden Wii U drive sleep setting?

Last edited by R0B0T0,
Reactions: the_randomizer

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah unfortunately it's not that easy to "open the case" for newer WD drives. Not to speak of the warranty. :(
Guess I really have to buy another hard drive or hope that some dev puts in a wake feature for RetroArch.

@R0B0T0 : Sure. Nothing changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!