Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey @ShadowOne333, is there a MSU-1 version planned in the future for Redux? If there won't be it is ok, reason i'm asking is because this would be one of my test games for Retroarch Wii U, and would be a great excuse to revisit it from start to finish.

Redux already has MSU-1 in it thanks to qwertymodo's kindness in sharing his code with me.
It should also have most recent fixes too

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So does this Stella have the new speed ups or is it just the old .elf updated to a .rpx?
Still same Stella...:(
Everytime I try to compile it I get "libretro_wiiu.a: error adding symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one"
and running ranlib does nothing?
Strange how only that core shows the error?

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: brienj

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, what's the current state of this project? How's the speed? I just dusted off my Wii U since installing the kernel exploit in February and want to get caught up.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone say which cores is best for playing these consoles on retroarch?
Snes : ?
Nes : ?
Sega genesis : ?
Gameboy advance : ?

Many Thanks........

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what's the current state of this project? How's the speed? I just dusted off my Wii U since installing the kernel exploit in February and want to get caught up.
It has fat32 usb support with the help of cfw, No n64 or (fullspeed) psx yet, it has rpx cores for more memory. snes9x mainline has msu-1 support

Can anyone say which cores is best for playing these consoles on retroarch?
Many Thanks........
Snes : Snes9x mainline
Sega genesis : Genesis Plus GX
I don't use NES and GBA sorry.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
It has fat32 usb support with the help of cfw, No n64 or (fullspeed) psx yet, it has rpx cores for more memory. snes9x mainline has msu-1 support

Snes : Snes9x mainline
Sega genesis : Genesis Plus GX
I don't use NES and GBA sorry.

Is there any advantages on using rpx over elf files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nes for sure goes to nestopia and gba to mgba.

Thanks for the tips...

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Redux already has MSU-1 in it thanks to qwertymodo's kindness in sharing his code with me.
It should also have most recent fixes too
I tested by replacing DX with Redux and, voilá, MSU-1 soundtrack. Since the MSU capability is not mentioned on the submission page of Romhacking, i thought it wasn't made yet. Super cool!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

daCuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed some libretro emus from AppStore, and only the right analog of the GamePad seems to work on any of those... is there a way to reach or overwrite the configuration file to make all the buttons work? (had to hard reset the console as I am not able to do anything once it has entered any of the LibRetro emus.)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed some libretro emus from AppStore, and only the right analog of the GamePad seems to work on any of those... is there a way to reach or overwrite the configuration file to make all the buttons work? (had to hard reset the console as I am not able to do anything once it has entered any of the LibRetro emus.)
You need to use the dpad or turn on analog to dpad settings.

daCuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use the dpad or turn on analog to dpad settings.
Thanks for the fast answer, xtheman166... maybe I did not explain myself properly, as my problem is that only the right analog seems to be working, neither the DPad, ABXY buttons or any of the Left and Right ones (triggers and bumpers) seem to work at all.
As such, I am not able to enter the Configuration options.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the fast answer, xtheman166... maybe I did not explain myself properly, as my problem is that only the right analog seems to be working, neither the DPad, ABXY buttons or any of the Left and Right ones (triggers and bumpers) seem to work at all.
As such, I am not able to enter the Configuration options.
Did you use any version before? Try deleting your config files and start fresh.

daCuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use any version before? Try deleting your config files and start fresh.
Thanks for the replay, niuus.
I downloaded the emulators directly from the AppStore, so in each emulator folder I only have the emulator .elf file, the icon.png file and the meta.xml file.
Is there any central location where a .cfg file (or similar) is found to save the LibRetro general controller settings?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1