Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. september796

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    That is a simple feature but I'm afraid is not possible. So while using RA there's no way to check the gamepad's battery level or change the gamepad screen brightness, and no way to turn the gamepad screen off (or turn it off completely) when using other controllers.

2. Unlistedfool

Unlistedfool Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the answer no, I didn't see your response sorry. Thank you for your reply again. I got the snapshots working once I reinstalled everything and on the most basic retro then I set the directory path to locate the thumbnails. Then I updated retro arch. So far so good, but I didn't know it was soo buggy. I did get a crash on the new version if I tried to set a path for thumbnails. Now its on to figure out how to load sega cd roms fun fun

3. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    This is a shame. Every once in a while I decide to play on the Gamepad only to realise I left it on the lowest brightness setting.

After noticing it was possible to return to the OS Menu on the 3DS, wondered if it wasn't avaliable on the Wii U as well. Oh, well.

4. september796

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I wonder if it's too complicated to add something like the PadCon functionality into the wiiu's retroarch build or something like how vWii manages gamepad's screen brightness (start+dpad).
    Apparently there's an option in RA settings to show the battery level of the device but I don't think it works.
    Only then, we won't need the wii u menu access at all while on RA.

YukidaruPunch likes this.
  5. Unlistedfool

Unlistedfool Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    United States
    Hey everyone

Where the heck lol is the complete guide for retro arch on Wii u to load Sega cd roms????

6. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    You need to have the bios files present like other systems and put them in retroarch/cores/system/

bios names HAVE to be as follows;
    bios_CD_U.bin
    bios_CD_E.bin
    bios_CD_J.bin

Note that for Sega-CD games, ISO + WAV, BIN + CUE and ISO + OGG formats are supported; ISO + MP3 is NOT supported.
    If you need any other info on this particular core such as what to name the .wav files refer to the official docs here:
    https://docs.libretro.com/library/genesis_plus_gx/

The core is great at handling any formats you throw at it be it bin/cue, iso/cue. Good luck!

Last edited by Maxbeta, Oct 14, 2019 at 3:59 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted