Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to believe that's the case.
I would do the same to be honest, working on it on secret because, let's face it, people would be all over it bitching about a release date and/or something not working as it should.
Best thing would be to work at your own pace, without anyone bitching about it. :P

We have enough with our bitching about PSX/N64 dynarecs already hahaha
Exactly the point I was trying to make lol.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Sega cd games work perfectly for me.

Then IDK why my Wii U crashed; the same BIOS I used with Genesis Plus GX and Kega Fusion on RetroArch PC worked fine, so *shrug*. What works on the PC port should work 1:1 on the Wii U :unsure: I'll just stick to Mega CD on PC instead.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then IDK why my Wii U crashed; the same BIOS I used with Genesis Plus GX and Kega Fusion on RetroArch PC worked fine, so *shrug*. What works on the PC port should work 1:1 on the Wii U :unsure: I'll just stick to Mega CD on PC instead.
Try downloading the Mega CD bios files that are on that EMUlated PARADISE site that's where I got mine. And you need all three bios files named

1. BIOS_CD_E.bin
2. BIOS_CD_U.bin
3. BIOS_CD_J.bin

Last edited by AmandaRose,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading the Mega CD bios files that are on that EMUlated PARADISE site that's where I got mine.

That is the one I have, actually, and the emulator crashed when I loaded the Cue file =/ I finally got TG-16/CD games to load, but Mega/Sega CD just bloody crashed. Going to record video if I must.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is the one I have, actually, and the emulator crashed when I loaded the Cue file =/ I finally got TG-16/CD games to load, but Mega/Sega CD just bloody crashed. Going to record video if I must.
Do you have all 3 regions bios files and are they named as I posted in my last post??

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have all 3 regions bios files and are they named as I posted in my last post??

Am I supposed to have all three regional BIOS files? Yes, the NTSC one I have is named as the USA one. IDK why I've had so much damn bad luck with the BIOS files *sigh*. Close to just using Sega CD on the PC port instead, at least the app just crashes if it fails and doesn't lock up Windows.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I supposed to have all three regional BIOS files? Yes, the NTSC one I have is named as the USA one. IDK why I've had so much damn bad luck with the BIOS files *sigh*. Close to just using Sega CD on the PC port instead, at least the app just crashes if it fails and doesn't lock up Windows.
What nightly are you using and what is the error? I just tested the latest nightly and now I am getting an error saying there is a problem with system memory. Oh yes if you want to play games from all 3 regions you need the 3 bios files.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What nightly are you using and what is the error? I just tested the latest nightly and now I am getting an error saying there is a problem with system memory.

That's the error I got, actually, using a build earlier this month, I saw that system error, and said "screw this" and haven't tried it in about a week. Yeah, it just pissed me off when I saw that. I hope this doesn't screw something up on my Wii U :angry: I'll have to pop my SD card in real quick to see what build it was. *Exasperated sigh*

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd say PSX is doable in the current state of events, as WiiSX Dynarec on the Wii works "rather good" except for some compatibility issues. So the Wii U should work even better.
For the N64, it seems crazy. Heck, even on PC's, 64 emulation is not yet very good, so it's definitely an illusion to have hopes on the Wii U. The VC injection is the best we're gonna get.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the error I got, actually, using a build earlier this month, I saw that system error, and said "screw this" and haven't tried it in about a week. Yeah, it just pissed me off when I saw that. I hope this doesn't screw something up on my Wii U :angry:
And now the problem I have is I don't know what nightly I had that worked lol

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say PSX is doable in the current state of events, as WiiSX Dynarec on the Wii works "rather good". But for the N64, it seems crazy. Heck, even on PC's, 64 emulation is not yet very good, so it's definitely an illusion to have hopes on the Wii U. The VC injection is the best we're gonna get.

N64 emulation isn't as bad as people say it is, at least it runs Conker's Bad Fur Day with the right plugins, same with Resident Evil 2 (GlideN64 supports LLE and Turbo30 microcode actually), Not64 can't even run CBFD or RE2 lol; the Wii U has a lot of potential, the issue is interest.

And now the problem I have is I don't know what nightly I had that worked lol
Well that sucks >.> I'll need to check which nightly I had, I just know it was more than a week ago when I last tried and just gave up using RA on the Wii U for a while, it was proving to be way too frustrating for Sega CD. If it happens again, I may or may not file the report on GitHub, as I'd only be wasting the devs' time.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all you know a dev could be working on it in secret. That's what I would do if I was a dev as so many people keep bitching about having a psx/n64 emu. They could be working on it in secret with zero pressure from the community to bring it out.

All Sega cd games work perfectly for me.
For me either, BIN+CUE and ISO+OGG.

Edit: Working on 2017-02-14 nightly build.

Last edited by efen3001,

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
retroarch's snesgx sometimes crashes when looading itself. It's like a chance of 50% to actually load into the application. I don't know if its an issue or I'm doing something wrong

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

retroarch's snesgx sometimes crashes when looading itself. It's like a chance of 50% to actually load into the application. I don't know if its an issue or I'm doing something wrong

ooh I just noticed they only work on hombrew launcher 1.4 and I happen to load 1.3 and 1.4 from loadiine website.

edit: anyways what's the difference between snes9x, snes9x 2010, snes9x 2005 from HB App Store? that's confusing

Last edited by september796,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ooh I just noticed they only work on hombrew launcher 1.4 and I happen to load 1.3 and 1.4 from loadiine website.

edit: anyways what's the difference between snes9x, snes9x 2010, snes9x 2005 from HB App Store? that's confusing

Snes9x is the best version; 2010 and 2005 are older cores and are only meant for weaker devices to run full speed with.

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or are the last couple of nightlies really small?

You said it doesn't integer scale 3x, it does. You THINK that you have to set it up to custom, you do NOT. You choose ratio from the core, then set up the viewport to 960 x 720 and the integer scale to 3, and BOOM, my 720p TV has black bars on the top and bottom. You said this is impossible, I'm showing you that it isn't, and the core provided ratio IS the actual ratio, so why is that wrong? The image is 3x the original size and is 768 x 672, or (256x3) X (224x3). This is exactly what you were complaining you couldn't do, and I did it.

You must be setting the viewports to two different scales, and that's not what you do, or you will get the skewed results you are getting.

Out of interest, did you genuinely try the steps I detailed to reproduce the problem and not see it, or were you just being arrogant and not bothering because you 'knew' I was wrong?

SIGH!!

Make sure your tv is outputting it's native resolution and is NOT scaling to 16:9!
Do as people say on this thread and you will get the correct results you are after.
My geuss is, your TV setting are the reason of you problems.

Nope! I already have my TV set to native mode, it turns out I was right about the maths being off that's all.

Last edited by eyeball226,

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not 100% stable as of right now. I definitely have some rare memory errors or just black screen freezes, especially when I load or reload a lot of games in a short period of time. Try to load super quickly all your list of recent concents, I'm pretty sure you're gonna freeze at some point.
Also the PC Engine CD ISOS randomly create a memory error (white Wii U text on black screen), I'd say once every 20 loads on average. I observed that by loading the very same .cue that works most of the time, but sometimes gets me this, I don't know if its completely random or if something i've done (or not done) before triggers it.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not 100% stable as of right now. I definitely have some rare memory errors or just black screen freezes, especially when I load or reload a lot of games in a short period of time. Try to load super quickly all your list of recent concents, I'm pretty sure you're gonna freeze at some point.
Also the PC Engine CD ISOS randomly create a memory error (white Wii U text on black screen), I'd say once every 20 loads on average. I observed that by loading the very same .cue that works most of the time, but sometimes gets me this, I don't know if its completely random or if something i've done (or not done) before triggers it.
Is was getting those errors either, then I've tested the 2017-02-13 nightly, no more errors, it's even running CD+G titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy