Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Krain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have a problem with playstation games in retroarch. I have tried reinstalling and updating it with No luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes i have. It even does it without any bios also. The same graphical issue.
Check if the game runs fine on PC RA using the same core... Or on android. Use the same bios and rom files. All crash games run just fine for me in RA, no glitches or anything. You can also try lakka with swanstation core.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a problem with playstation games in retroarch. I have tried reinstalling and updating it with No luck.
downgrade the core to the ver that works properly

p.s... i've tested for you, and the core from 1.9.9 doesn't have this issue. These glitches start happening from 1.9.11 (or 1.9.10).

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Gaara4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey i need a little help. I want to use overscan for paper mario but if i want to use it i also need to enable framebuffer emulation. If i turn it off the overscan dont apply. The problem is with framebuffer emulation enable the game dont run very well. Is it possible to enable overscan without framebuffer emulation=
Thank you =)

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i need a little help. I want to use overscan for paper mario but if i want to use it i also need to enable framebuffer emulation. If i turn it off the overscan dont apply. The problem is with framebuffer emulation enable the game dont run very well. Is it possible to enable overscan without framebuffer emulation=
Thank you =)
with framebuffer off you are going to have a seizure anyway because in certain places such as the first town it flashes horriblly...and the game runs fine it just needs ATLEAST a 1581 CPU overclock and a 768 GPU overclock (yes idiots like to make up bullshit about GPU not mattering but it does). you will get stutters rarely then the effect will be cached and not stutter again during that session. no reason to play it on retroarch anymore when the game is on NSO though

yitzhaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have problem with the dreamcast game Kiss Psycho Circus, it hang on boot at the Dreamcast Windows CE logo
what can be the reason?
change the broadcast to PAL

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone could help me ...
I own a Nintendo Switch with retroarch (programs are up to date!). All cores are working fine exept the PUAE Amiga core.

I´m loading amiga workbench on my playlist with a "Workbench.uae" config file.
On Retroarch PC and Playstation 3 I have to adjust the path on this config file but I´m lost on Switch.
Every start of the PUAE core ends with an error and a shutdown of retroarch on my switch.

This is my "Workbench.uae" script I´m trying to start on the playlist:

kickstart_rom_file=/retroarch/cores/system/kick40068.A1200
fastmem_size=8
bogomem_size=2
chipmem_size=4
cpu_type=68ec020/68881
cpu_model=68020
fpu_model=68882
chipset=aga
cachesize=8192

; 14 MHz=finegrain_cpu_speed=1024, 25 MHZ=finegrain_cpu_speed=128, fastest=cpu_speed=max
finegrain_cpu_speed=128

hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/dh0-wb31WhdloadClean.hdf
hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/Games.hdf
Did you get this working?

I've got it partially working. I just put the bios in the cores/system folder. Everything then ran.

The problems I'm now facing are

1) the games run too quick when they first boot. Hotkey into retroarch then back into the game fixes it though (don't know why).

2) retroarch crashes if you boot one Amiga game... Then boot into another Amiga game.

The only game I can't seem to run is Spiderman.

ango

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you get this working?

I've got it partially working. I just put the bios in the cores/system folder. Everything then ran.

The problems I'm now facing are

1) the games run too quick when they first boot. Hotkey into retroarch then back into the game fixes it though (don't know why).

2) retroarch crashes if you boot one Amiga game... Then boot into another Amiga game.

The only game I can't seem to run is Spiderman.
Tested today again Retroarch on switch.
I´ve updated Retroarch and ... voila ... Workbench is loading. I think they have fixed some switch bugs.
But I had to adjust my startup script "Workbench.uae" to avoid a DF0 error on workbench startup:

kickstart_rom_file=/retroarch/cores/system/kick40068.A1200
chipmem_size=4
fastmem_size=8
bogomem_size=2
cpu_type=68ec020/68881
cpu_model=68020
fpu_model=68882
chipset=aga
cachesize=8192
floppy0=
floppy0type=0

hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/dh0-wb31WhdloadClean.hdf
hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/Games.hdf

Btw I´m loading amiga workbench with "Workbench.uae" script with a retroarch playlist (Commodore - Amiga.lpl):
Code:
{
  "version": "1.0",
  "items": [
    {
      "path": "/retroarch/_roms/amiga/Workbench.uae",
      "label": "Workbench",
      "core_path": "/retroarch/cores/puae_libretro_libnx.nro",
      "core_name": "P-UAE",
      "crc32": "DETECT",
      "db_name": "Commodore - Amiga.lpl"
    }
  ]
}

I´ve mounted a second hardisk with WHD-Games, all games are running fine.

Of course all required boot roms are in the cores/system folder (kick34005.A500, kick37175.A500, kick40060.CD32, kick40060.CD32.ext, kick40063.A600, kick40068.A1200).

Last edited by ango,
Reactions: hippy dave

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tested today again Retroarch on switch.
I´ve updated Retroarch and ... voila ... Workbench is loading. I think they have fixed some switch bugs.
But I had to adjust my startup script "Workbench.uae" to avoid a DF0 error on workbench startup:

Btw I´m loading amiga workbench with "Workbench.uae" script with a retroarch playlist (Commodore - Amiga.lpl):

I´ve mounted a second hardisk with WHD-Games, all games are running fine.

Of course all required boot roms are in the cores/system folder (kick34005.A500, kick37175.A500, kick40060.CD32, kick40060.CD32.ext, kick40063.A600, kick40068.A1200).
I've got it working.

It works perfect on the PUAE core in LAkka booted from Hekate.

It also works using switch retroarch apart from its too quick when it first loads (solved by either long press "-" or hotkey into quick menu and back out. It also crashes when you launch a 2nd game (even if its not an Amiga game) retroarch crashes.

I've not got any cheats working (either in LAkka or Retroarch) there is a PUAE folder in the quick menu options (so should in theory load)..... but its empty. I figure nobody has compiled any yet. You can search for your own at the memory address and that does work (Takes me back to my Datel Action replay days in the late 80's).

If anybody has a retroarch compatible databse for this core let me know or send it me.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a core for gpSP (GBA) works for the Switch's Retroarch?

I know there are better GBA cores but gpSP its the only one that actually load my .sav files and the only GBA games I play seems to run perfectly fine with it on my Android's Retroarch when I tested it.

I played this game from my DS, that's why they are on .sav formate and I kinda hate reformating my .sav files. It eventually hard to amange. I mainly play it on my DS but I want to play them on my TV and the Switch is my best bet at hand.

Or its there a way to get mGBA core to load .sav files? That would be better.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I know there are better GBA cores but gpSP its the only one that actually load my .sav files and the only GBA games I play seems to run perfectly fine with it on my Android's Retroarch when I tested it.

I played this game from my DS, that's why they are on .sav formate and I kinda hate reformating my .sav files. It eventually hard to amange. I mainly play it on my DS but I want to play them on my TV and the Switch is my best bet at hand.

I've not seen that core on switch retroarch for the switch. Do you have a 3ds? If so there are probably more options as there is a version of Retroarch available for that.

I'm assuming your current setup is ds/dsi with r4 card? Which creates a .sav file? And you want to share that .sav file with your switch when you want it "big screen"?

If you have a 3ds you can hack that and use there version of retroarch and hope the save file system is compatible cross platform.

Your r4 card will still work but only for nds/dsi games and lower... But if it's an old one it won't (unless you use an app called twighlight). It'll even work if not hombrewed... But I'm not sure how to convert the save from the .sav to whatever format retroarch uses (even though you could use either on the same system) so it could mean losing some saves.

Once your using retroarchon both systems I'm assuming you can port over the saves database?? (And that's a pretty big assumption).

You could look at cheats to get you where you should be in the game?

I may be overcomplicating it.... If anyone knows how to load or convert the .sav files do tell.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Just a thought but when you first ran the rom on the switch did you create a save? If so search for the .sav and replace it with the same filename (case sensitive). I've just looked at a thread for retroarch on Android and someone had the same problem.

He found once hed created a save it appeared in the same folder as the ROM (as it does on the ds). You could then swap the .sav for a different one. He had trouble because it didn't like .SAV it needs to be .sav.

Did you try that? If it works that's a lot easier.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you should only need to rename them from .sav to .srm for them to work. the save name has to match the rom name though

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should only need to rename them from .sav to .srm for them to work. the save name has to match the rom name though
I'm aware but I'm trying to keep all my save files synced between devices.
At the end of the day all I want is something that emulates GBA games and can load .sav files on the Nintendo Switch.

Change the format I can do but I'm trying to see if I can make it easier in the long run, that and because it doesn't hurt to try.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware but I'm trying to keep all my save files synced between devices.
At the end of the day all I want is something that emulates GBA games and can load .sav files on the Nintendo Switch.

Change the format I can do but I'm trying to see if I can make it easier in the long run, that and because it doesn't hurt to try.
the "easier" way is just using srm saves and sticking to retroarch otherwise you will deal with this issue endlessly

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the "easier" way is just using srm saves and sticking to retroarch otherwise you will deal with this issue endlessly
If its just a GBA game the easiest way is just to use the switch. Theres no need to use the DS really. Even if you find something that uses the .sav file you still need to take the memory card out of the DS and switch (or use hekate). And copy the files over. Plus if your doing it all the time you might corrupt the memory card.

Renaming them isn't really much more work... and you can do it in batches. I'd probably think about leaving the Ds for DS games and moving everything over to the switch..... it'lll save ayou a world of pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone