Homebrew RetroArch Switch

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ShadowOne333 ,

Should we still be getting the n64 core from the nextcloud link in the first post? Or should we be getting it from the nightlies now?

Wasnt sure if the guide should be updated or if its still accurate.

Other than that, thanks for the guide. I never actually used ur guide but every few days, i always read it for some reason. I think i like the structure or something lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 ,

Should we still be getting the n64 core from the nextcloud link in the first post? Or should we be getting it from the nightlies now?

Wasnt sure if the guide should be updated or if its still accurate.

Other than that, thanks for the guide. I never actually used ur guide but every few days, i always read it for some reason. I think i like the structure or something lol.
Thanks for the heads up.
Indeed, you should now get the Mupen64 Next core (and PPSSPP) from the nightlies from now on.

Also, guys, check the latest nightly, and try Pokemon Snap with it :)

D

Deleted User

A big thank you to everybody who helps all of us n00bs. Your help is very appreciated.

Running SX 2.7.1 and OFW 8.0.1

I have a question about how to update retroarch to latest nightlies:

The retroarch nightly download unzips to two folders (/retroarch and /switch) and a .jpg file.

The /switch folder contains a file retroarch_switch.nro, while I have saved to the ROOT of my SDCard.

The /retroarch folder I also have saved to the root of the SD Card.

The .jpg file I discarded.

If I want to update to the latest nightly build, Do I just overwrite the /retroarch folder on my SD Card with the new /retroarch folder that I download from the nightlies page? Or, would it better to delete the /retroarch folder and the .nro file from the SD Card, and then copy the newly downloaded /retroarch folder to the card?
-If so, would that affect my saves?
-Does that automatically update all the cores as well?

Lastly, how do I back up my gave saves (both save states and in-game saves?) I cannot find where on the /retroarch folder all my saves are located.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you delete your Retroarch folder without backing it up you're going to delete your saves. Just overwrite everything then it won't touch your saves. The cores are in the download of the Retroarch nightly so yes they will update too.

Saves are in cores/savefiles or cores/savestates, obviously one are actual save files and the save states well they're self explained.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
D

Deleted User

If you delete your Retroarch folder without backing it up you're going to delete your saves. Just overwrite everything then it won't touch your saves. The cores are in the download of the Retroarch nightly so yes they will update too.

Saves are in cores/savefiles or cores/savestates, obviously one are actual save files and the save states well they're self explained.

Thank you, and last question:

Do I need to find a retroarch nsp to launch retroarch from SX OS, or can I hold down the R button and launch from HBMenu?

Holding down the R button gives me 3GB of RAM, as specified using the system information tab in retroarch. Not sure if that is the "Full RAM" that I could be getting. N64 emulation using mupen-next is pretty choppy. I'm using the nightly from 5/15

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either the nsp or holding R will give you the extra ram. But for N64 many games you need to overclock which is a setting in Retroarch's main menu.

If you're going to hold R just to clarify you need to do it on an installed switch game, not on the hbmenu in album. Holding R and starting a game will take you to hbmenu then launch Retroarch from there.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: skinnyBIGGS
D

Deleted User

Either the nsp or holding R will give you the extra ram. But for N64 many games you need to overclock which is a setting in Retroarch's main menu.

If you're going to hold R just to clarify you need to do it on an installed switch game, not on the hbmenu in album. Holding R and starting a game will take you to hbmenu then launch Retroarch from there.

Thank you again, the full amount of ram that can be made available to retroarch is 3GB, right?

D

Deleted User

Do I need a BIOS File for emulation of any of these systems:

NES
SNES
GBA
Genesis
N64
Sega CD

I have it set up for psx, not sure if retroarch would run better if I added my bios files for any of these older systems above.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SeongGino,

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a small problem with button config in MAME 2003 core. How to unbind a button in an in-game MAME menu? I tried every button, but I can only change buttons, but not unmap a button.

burial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help....

When I try to load a core I get this error message "Warning missing assets use online updater" but when i try to download a core it fails....

mcamachoxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hello someone can help me to settings the last nightly of retroarch? I try out run and final fantasy 1 on ppsspp but it's very laggy :c. Im using the method of full access ram, n64 roms has lag too, I test with paper mario 64 y mario 64. Best Regards.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.