Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here... some scenes with Banjo Tooie are really cool and smooth but overall its not worth to play it with such slowdowns... May be don't have the final settings for that game or there are maybe some more improvements outstanding
For me Banjo Tooie is the holy grail of N64 Emulation I’ve never been able to get that to run satisfactory apart from obviously the original machine , I’m waiting with baited breath for you wizards to do your magic and make it run great - I bought an xbox 360 for tooie last year but it’s not the same

Reactions: Wolf2000

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could some kind soul please run Shadow man for me , I’ve managed to get it to run quite well on the new Hackate settings with the patches but somethings not quite right . I don’t think it’s a camera issue like DK64 more like a control issue - he just doesn’t seem to run in a straight line and I’m always having to recentre the camera to get my bearings. I’ve changed nothing in the input settings but I can’t remember how it is meant to be played, since I haven’t touched the game in twenty years . Many thanks and appreciation for any testing you can do.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wait! Are you talking about New Tetris? Please provide your settings. Thats the best tetris Ive played, but only on original HW, so far.
:D it is Tetris ds, settings or those things are on the rigth previous comments :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yoshi's Island runs fullspeed (only slight audio distortion at times) on Boost performance. Very nice :)

...and for anyone playing fullscreen in portrait set the Screen Gap to 25 ;)
Is that with Desmume or MelonDS?
What about 3D games (SM64DS i.e.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that with Desmume or MelonDS?
What about 3D games (SM64DS i.e.)
Desmume.. For Yoshi's Island Desmume is faster than on MelonDS but Castlevania still shits the bed on both :(
Haven't specifically tested SM64DS but I guess it'll chug badly on both.
also hey you :P

EDIT:
SM64DS
Desmume = 44 fps (in the courtyard
MelonDS = no touch support so can't get in game :P

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Desmume.. For Yoshi's Island Desmume is faster than on MelonDS but Castlevania still shits the bed on both :(
Haven't specifically tested SM64DS but I guess it'll chug badly on both.
also hey you :P
Well it's nice to see some progress on DS through Switch at least :)
Hey you too :P

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey 44 fps is not that bad :P
I can see that getting better. :)
What games tend to be the real hardware heavy ones from DS?
not sure I thought Castlevania would run decent considering it's mostly a 2D type game but that runs horribly :P
but if I had to guess I'd say games like Mario Kart/Super Mario 64/Pokemon?
I agree it's really nice to get some DS love.. 2 Cores! some DC would be nice too tho :P all in good time :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not sure I thought Castlevania would run decent considering it's mostly a 2D type game but that runs horribly :P
but if I had to guess I'd say games like Mario Kart/Super Mario 64/Pokemon?
I agree it's really nice to get some DS love.. 2 Cores! some DC would be nice too tho :P all in good time :)
Indeed. :P
Maybe because the Castlevania games use so much FX on-screen?
Who knows, it's weird for sure. :P
Everything that ends in C would be nice, DC, GC, etc :P
The title screen for pokemon white / black (2) comes to mind. I was getting 16.6 fps in melonds
Oh right, White and Black (and their sequels) are good contenders for heavy performance tests

Reactions: ploggy

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone managed to get Golden Sun working properly so the animation effects show in battle? It's the only game on GBA I'm getting glitches on

RamPare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did anyone test Phoenix Wright on Desmume or MelonDS? I'm not at home right now and I'm really curious about the performance

solidsnake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sadly I dont think it works :-(
I use Atmosphere 0.8.3 by fusee-primary.bin with Mupen64plus-next core (try original Mupen64 too), and always get this error when try lunch StarCraft 64
But on SXOS 2.5.3 - works, very slowly and with audio bugs
photo_2019-02-21_01-44-54.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok goodnight ya, I'm heading to the bar to shoot some pool. And no spamming my profile page... +2