Homebrew RetroArch Switch

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oof. Didn't even see who I was talking to. Which part am I wrong about? It's definitely faster on the games I've tried
You probably mix up some settings. Also you can't really call it standalone. It is the exact same code like the retroarch build.
I don't do parallel builds anymore because they are precisely said slower (with glide64)

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the NSP for RetroArch has been updated.
Please be sure to redownload and reinstall for those that were having issues with it.
Also, be sure to let me know if the link is still the same or if it has changed for the recent NSP, as I' still not sure xD

Tried. Nope.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably mix up some settings. Also you can't really call it standalone. It is the exact same code like the retroarch build.
I don't do parallel builds anymore because they are precisely said slower (with glide64)
I see. I'll message around with some settings then. Just for reference, how well should a game like SM64 or Majoras mask run?

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the NSP for RetroArch has been updated.
Please be sure to redownload and reinstall for those that were having issues with it.
Also, be sure to let me know if the link is still the same or if it has changed for the recent NSP, as I' still not sure xD
I still can’t find a link to the full nsp retroarch. Only links I can find are the forwarders that crash on sx os on start

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still can’t find a link to the full nsp retroarch. Only links I can find are the forwarders that crash on sx os on start
6ce5c5f6-cea1-445b-a927-9d9ca557e45c.png

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with playlists. l followed the guide in the OP but I’m getting “file cannot be loaded through playlist.” I have tried it multiple times and can’t figure what I’m doing wrong. Im sure it’s a path problem but I don’t know how to fix it. Roms and thumbnails already on SD. Using playlist buddy and guide from OP during set up. Roms play when loading core then content just fine. Playlist shows up with file names and thumbnails too. I’m using the nsp from OP. Total noob when it comes to setting up retroarch.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Need help with playlists. l followed the guide in the OP but I’m getting “file cannot be loaded through playlist.” I have tried it multiple times and can’t figure what I’m doing wrong. Im sure it’s a path problem but I don’t know how to fix it. Roms and thumbnails already on SD. Using playlist buddy and guide from OP during set up. Roms play when loading core then content just fine. Playlist shows up with file names and thumbnails too. I’m using the nsp from OP. Total noob when it comes to setting up retroarch.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Whats your path to your roms on SD?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
@ huma dowie ( dunno why it didnt quote you )I got it to work once. But never since lol. I'm pretty sure I went to input and split joycons. It worked then after this it won't. Also the split joycon setting always goes back to "no/off" when restarting retro arch

Last edited by jammybudga777,
D

Deleted User

I’d there a suggested mame romset for mame 2003 experimental? My leathal enforcers is upside down?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so that raises another question. Should the path to core show \retroarch\cores\xxxx then instead of what is in the OP "sd:/retroarch/cores/xxxx
Probably but that step is optional anyway :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited the pic for Switch ;)

tuto_ra_thumb_pl.png

EDIT: Changed the Switch paths to forward slashes :P

Last edited by ploggy, , Reason: forward slashes instead of back slashes...
Reactions: lordelan

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably but that step is optional anyway :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited the pic for Switch ;)

View attachment 146004
Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Still giving me same error. Looks just like your edited pic other than the drive letters being different of course. Also tried with using DETECT, same result.

Edit: Got it working correctly. Update the image with core path and rom path with forward slashes "/retroarch/cores/xxxxx.nro and /roms". Before you ask yes i had those checked as in the image. I noticed while looking in notepad at the .ipl, not everything gets changed

Last edited by kylum,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A