Homebrew RetroArch Switch

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
this is fresh build which includes all newest fixes

please report if game loads thanks
Snatcher (Sega CD .cue/.bin) now crashes picodrive and doesnt load (BIOS files veryfied). It loaded in the previously compiled version and played fine - so this is a regression.

(Instead of going into a blackscreen and then to the bios boot screen, it shows the launcher background (white in my case), and then crashes to an error screen. Reproduced twice.)

edit: Reverted to the previously compiled version, and it loaded right back into the game.

Tetris DX (GBC) also crashes after the first (copyright) screen on gambette.

Last edited by notimp,

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Snatcher (Sega CD .cue/.bin) now crashes picodrive and doesnt load (BIOS files veryfied). It loaded in the previously compiled version and played fine - so this is a regression.

(Instead of going into a blackscreen and then to the bios boot screen, it shows the launcher background (white in my case), and then crashes to an error screen. Reproduced twice.)

edit: Reverted to the previously compiled version, and it loaded right back into the game.

Tetris DX (GBC) also crashes after the first (copyright) screen on gambette.

I also went back to the old pico and instead of having zipped .md I had them in folders which took a while to show up and watched gauntlet 4 for the first time!

D

Deleted User

PCSX Rearmed wont work , Simias gave me a custom build of Beetle PSX

and ppsspp needs heavily gpu support we dont have that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the reason why picodrive works different now is that Misson2000 Changed the code Heavily inside RetroArch also Libtransistor is different now

Reactions: Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCSX Rearmed wont work , Simias gave me a custom build of Beetle PSX

and ppsspp needs heavily gpu support we dont have that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the reason why picodrive works different now is that Misson2000 Changed the code Heavily inside RetroArch also Libtransistor is different now
Thanks for replying. Actually that's so sad. Also do you think we'll ever can run pcsx and ppsspp?
Because you said previously gamecube, wii and dreamcast can be running on switch in portable mode.
Thanks again.

D

Deleted User

ofc they can but people like you dont understand that this is runned atm all by software there is a) no Jit Dynarec for any emulation under 64bit and b) we dont have any GPU Drivers.

Sound Image everything is handled by the CPU Atm.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
when there's a full screen+save states option for GBA roms I'll quit playing GBA on my vita and will start playing them on my switch instead, hopefully those options will be available later on!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hows that beetle coming along?
Four days ago it was about 10-15 frames per second - so unplayable. You could have read that a few pages back.

Also the same answer as above applies. Devs need 64 bit Dynarec and/or GPU driver support (HW acceleration) to change that. Thats not a "clap in your hands twice - its gone" issue. This will take time and some pretty skilled folks.

Last edited by notimp,

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also unzipped the games to md format and again, it only shows a few folders and not the whole lot and it freezes. Hope this helps.

Just in case if it helps anybody, unzip any game and play it like that. It seems the nros have a problem reading or using zips.

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case if it helps anybody, unzip any game and play it like that. It seems the nros have a problem reading or using zips.

VBA-Next has a problem reading unzipped games, it can't. Also it only reads a portion of games before freezing.

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't see any feedback on vba-next but its working and in game saves are working so far. I have only tested pokemon leaf green so far. it seemed to run full speed and sound was good.
Yep, having a blast on Emerald. I experience some tiny stutters if I've put the Switch in Sleep Mode while playing, but the emulation is really stable.

What's cheat support like on the vba-next core and if they work what format do they need to be in?

Tested the new Picodrive and there's some pros and cons here.

Pros: Saving works. Exiting works. All tested games loaded.
Cons: Weird "flicker", more like part of the screen gets garbled when the screen scrolls or objects move (tested with Sonic 1, Sonic 3, Streets of Rage 3). Sonic 3 Complete (romhack) didn't display any picture on the first attempt to load. Curiously, worked on the second attempt.

Thanks for the hard work that's gone into compiling these. Having any working emulators at all on Switch is amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."