ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the case I don't want to mix nsp backups and retroarch in the same sd, I assume I just need another SD card and plain install Atmosphere and Retroarch or put Lakka in it and launch from Hekate. Is there any difference between these two methods? Do Retroarch via ATM and Lakka both run at the same performance?
Almost every core runs about the same in between HOS and Lakka.
The only notable exceptions are perhaps Dolphin, and other 3D cores that don't have a HOS/Switch target yet, or in other words, cores not available in HOS compared to Lakka.

But as far as shared cores between the two, they're pretty much interchangeable.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the case I don't want to mix nsp backups and retroarch in the same sd, I assume I just need another SD card and plain install Atmosphere and Retroarch or put Lakka in it and launch from Hekate. Is there any difference between these two methods? Do Retroarch via ATM and Lakka both run at the same performance?
Any reason why you don't want to mix them?

You could have them on the same sd card ,just on a different partition

Last edited by pinbi7,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Pinbi's right tho.
I have both my games and RA on the same SD with no issues.
I don't really use Lakka at all, so I removed it and have the entire SD for Switch/Horizo stuff, including Switch games and homebrew/RetroArch.

Reactions: pinbi7

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dropping by to let you guys know that the Mupen64 core is now working properly with sound on the Sept 5th nightly :)
I haven't tested other cores yet, but I encourage people to update to the nightly and test them out!

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to play a link between worlds on the switch. I know how to over clock. Is the citra core for retroarch able to play this game have decent does anyone know?

Thanks

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really want to play a link between worlds on the switch. I know how to over clock. Is the citra core for retroarch able to play this game have decent does anyone know?

Thanks
The Citra core is not currently public.
There's only the beta core that m4xw shares with his Patreons to help debug and polish the core to a proper stable release.

If you want to help to the development of said core, you could drop by and support m4xw on Patreon.
That way you can gain access to the beta core and help towards achieving a stable release for it.

m4xw's Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/m4xwdev

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, updated to the latest stable build of Retroarch.

Everytime I try to run a NDS game via MelonDS, the system crashes and I have to restard the console. Demune on the other hand has huge performance problems. Is there any good NDS-Emulation via Retroarch?

youwilldienext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I've had corruption issues in the past and one time I even had to reformat my SD card and reinstall all my nsp backups. Just don't want to deal with it again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pinbi's right tho.
I have both my games and RA on the same SD with no issues.
I don't really use Lakka at all, so I removed it and have the entire SD for Switch/Horizo stuff, including Switch games and homebrew/RetroArch.
I attempted this setup a few months ago and Retroarch corrupted my SD card when reading rom directories. I don't know the exact cause but I'm not willing to take the risk again.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've had corruption issues in the past and one time I even had to reformat my SD card and reinstall all my nsp backups. Just don't want to deal with it again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I attempted this setup a few months ago and Retroarch corrupted my SD card when reading rom directories. I don't know the exact cause but I'm not willing to take the risk again.
Oh I didn't know that.
I would suggest staying on one setup only, and having two SDs, one for Switch homebrew stuff, and the other for other OSs running on Switch then.

youwilldienext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh I didn't know that.
I would suggest staying on one setup only, and having two SDs, one for Switch homebrew stuff, and the other for other OSs running on Switch then.
I would go for plain Atmosphere + Retroarch due to the detached joycon and dock support. I think Lakka only beats ATM Retroarch at running dolphin. Since you have this setup, will there be any issues launching ATM/Horizon with a distinct SD card? Won't it complain about the missing games?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would go for plain Atmosphere + Retroarch due to the detached joycon and dock support. I think Lakka only beats ATM Retroarch at running dolphin.
Yep correct.
Right now I think Dolphin is the only thing that would make using Lakka frequently on the Switch worth it.
At least, for me it would.

Reactions: youwilldienext

youwilldienext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yep correct.
Right now I think Dolphin is the only thing that would make using Lakka frequently on the Switch worth it.
At least, for me it would.
Nice. Do you think there will be any issues launching Atmosphere with a distinct SD card? Won't it complain about the missing games? I'm not using emunand.

youwilldienext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, if you use a second SD card exclusively for Lakka, how would Atmosphere complain if you won't even boot into it? :P
lol I think I didn't make myself clear on my last messages. So, given that I plan to use a distinct SD card, I have two possible options to run Retroarch: either use Lakka or plain Atmosphere. Regarding the second possibility (and that was the hypothetical case on my last question), given that I have my backups installed in stock nand, I was wondering if it could cause any problem.
I've read people saying that they use multiple sds with Atmosphere and swap them intermittently, only having to remember which homebrew or backup is in each sd.
In case this won't cause any issue when launching Retroarch or backups on the other sd card, I think I will stick with Retroarch over Atmosphere given the wireless joycon and dock support. Once Lakka updates with these features I might jump into it, if it can really run gc decently.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
lol I think I didn't make myself clear on my last messages. So, given that I plan to use a distinct SD card, I have two possible options to run Retroarch: either use Lakka or plain Atmosphere. Regarding the second possibility (and that was the hypothetical case on my last question), given that I have my backups installed in stock nand, I was wondering if it could cause any problem.
I've read people saying that they use multiple sds with Atmosphere and swap them intermittently, only having to remember which homebrew or backup is in each sd.
In case this won't cause any issue when launching Retroarch or backups on the other sd card, I think I will stick with Retroarch over Atmosphere given the wireless joycon and dock support. Once Lakka updates with these features I might jump into it, if it can really run gc decently.
Well, as long as your stuff is in the system's NAND, I don't see Lakka screwing with it.
Lakka runs entirely from SD, and if you boot Lakka, you won't even boot into the Switch's OS (Horizon) at all.
You will basically be doing Payload -> Lakka OS (in SD), the system never boots into the NAND stuff other than for Atmosphere/Horizon, and that would be exclusively for your other SD.

ango

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hope someone could help me ...
I own a Nintendo Switch with retroarch (programs are up to date!). All cores are working fine exept the PUAE Amiga core.

I´m loading amiga workbench on my playlist with a "Workbench.uae" config file.
On Retroarch PC and Playstation 3 I have to adjust the path on this config file but I´m lost on Switch.
Every start of the PUAE core ends with an error and a shutdown of retroarch on my switch.

This is my "Workbench.uae" script I´m trying to start on the playlist:

kickstart_rom_file=/retroarch/cores/system/kick40068.A1200
fastmem_size=8
bogomem_size=2
chipmem_size=4
cpu_type=68ec020/68881
cpu_model=68020
fpu_model=68882
chipset=aga
cachesize=8192

; 14 MHz=finegrain_cpu_speed=1024, 25 MHZ=finegrain_cpu_speed=128, fastest=cpu_speed=max
finegrain_cpu_speed=128

hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/dh0-wb31WhdloadClean.hdf
hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/retroarch/_roms/amiga/Games.hdf

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users