Homebrew RetroArch Switch

pi-maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*Old Thread i know but...

I am experiencing this right now. Have tried latest nightlies/stable but, it just happens no matter what. if you have thumbnails on your playlists & scroll fast/slow eventually, you will see a black icon and shortly after a crash/reboot. I have found that exiting back to home and restarting Retroarch as soon as you see the Black Thumbnail helps, until it happens again that is.

**You can pick any game from a playlist with Thumbnails, just press Y to cycle from boxart/game screen etc and it will eventually show Black icon & crash too. **

If ANYONE has any insight or resolution, would love to hear it.

Also, if you enable thumbnails at all, and I'm aware that others on here have had this issue - I assure you it's not an SXOS specific issue as I have never used and do not use SXOS - it can turn thumbnails black, allow you to do whatever you want, and then crash 100% of the time no matter what you select next. I would imagine this is very repeatable on just about any build, although it took me several minutes of flipping through thumbnails to trigger. I surmise disabling thumbnails completely would make this very stable; I believe I will do that now.

Last edited by pi-maniac,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Tekken 6 runs almost perfect on JIT (stock speeds, no OC, handheld mode :))

First fight is in 2x resolution all the subsequent ones in 1440 x 816 (3x or - poor mans 1080p ;)).

Jittery legs on some stages are an issue with PPSSPP not the implementation.

Wohooo! :)

Video has no sound as the Switches internal capture functionality was used.

Persona 2 only runs on IR-Jit and stutters even with CPU OC.

@m4xw Do you know if GPU OC also helps IR-Jit?

Last edited by notimp,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
*Old Thread i know but...

I am experiencing this right now. Have tried latest nightlies/stable but, it just happens no matter what. if you have thumbnails on your playlists & scroll fast/slow eventually, you will see a black icon and shortly after a crash/reboot. I have found that exiting back to home and restarting Retroarch as soon as you see the Black Thumbnail helps, until it happens again that is.

**You can pick any game from a playlist with Thumbnails, just press Y to cycle from boxart/game screen etc and it will eventually show Black icon & crash too. **

If ANYONE has any insight or resolution, would love to hear it.
I have all my games with title screen + screenshot and haven’t experienced this. I’m using a fairly new build from last 2 weeks. exFAT here.

Maybe your playlist corrupted? You would want to check that.

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: pi-maniac

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, did anyone of you manage to play 4 player with the psx core?
Retroarch only finds 2 Controller when I am trying to connect 4 Controller (Pro Controller + SF30 Pro + Joy Cons).

Anyone knows a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Gotta get out. :)

Outrun 2006 C2C

Jit, 3x resolution. Needs CPU (or GPU?) OC at that setting, drops frames at stock, but since it runs on Jit, you could tweak some settings to make it run at less, I'm sure. :)

edit: Again, sound only missing in video, not the game. :)

Last edited by notimp,

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, did anyone of you manage to play 4 player with the psx core?
Retroarch only finds 2 Controller when I am trying to connect 4 Controller (Pro Controller + SF30 Pro + Joy Cons).

Anyone knows a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!
The real ps has two ports. No way an emulator supports four.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ppsspp core seems to working fine with some bugs judging from gameplay videos. Would really love reicast being ported. Imagine Jet Set Radio in handheld mode.

Reactions: wakabayashy
D

Deleted User

ppsspp core seems to working fine with some bugs judging from gameplay videos. Would really love reicast being ported. Imagine Jet Set Radio in handheld mode.

I do actually i imagine it quite a bit but how could i turn around and ask m4xw for the moon when he has already given me the sun and the stars....the sun being psp and the stars being n64 and the other cores. I would have to respect his wishes. If the ducks must die for his work let it be...

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Outrun 2006 now frequently crashes for me. Beginners luck getting through to the end on the first try. :) Just fyi. :)

edit: Here is some direct feed capture footage of Vice City Stories at 3x resolution (GPU overclock to 460 MHz) - and some more Tekken 6. ;)

No sound.

Last edited by notimp,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@natinusala
Do you have any plans to implement more view types in ozone, like one that maybe shows you just the cover art (similar to when you click in "All Software" in qlaunch)?
Here's a mock up of what I mean.
bwvMPDX.jpg

Besides looking cool, I guess it would also remove the need for people to install a bunch of forwarders (and then wonder when qlaunch will get folder support lol).

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to enable and disable individual cheats on the PPSSPP emulator? I enabled in game cheats on the core options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back