Homebrew Retroarch PS1 ReArmed Core doesn't show

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enter RetroArch and enter Load Core. I do not see the PS1 ReArmed Core anywhere. I installed the .cia and I have the bios. I really want to play Crash Bandicoot, please help.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I enter RetroArch and enter Load Core. I do not see the PS1 ReArmed Core anywhere. I installed the .cia and I have the bios. I really want to play Crash Bandicoot, please help.

so after putting the retroarch cia on your sd card, then putting the retroarch folder on the root of your sd card, then booting up the system, then installing retroarch, then installing the pcsx rearmed core, youre saying it doesnt load up?
are you launching the retroarch core? or the pcsx core?

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after putting the retroarch cia on your sd card, then putting the retroarch folder on the root of your sd card, then booting up the system, then installing retroarch, then installing the pcsx rearmed core, youre saying it doesnt load up?
are you launching the retroarch core? or the pcsx core?
the pcsx core

Reactions: LowEndC

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go into the app called "LibRetro PCSX" I try to load the content and it forces me to choose a "suggested core"

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok also should my bios be called "SCPH1001.bin"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I am done installing the folder and the retroarch_3ds.cia what do I do next?

also, make sure after re-installing, to place your bios in retroarch>cores>system
When I am done installing the folder and the retroarch_3ds.cia what do I do next?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the forwarder cias, but when putting it on your card use the zip provided and copy and paste it over. You'll have everything you need then. (meaning the cia doesn't have everything you need to put the full retroarch folder on your sd card)

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the forwarder cias, but when putting it on your card use the zip provided and copy and paste it over. You'll have everything you need then. (meaning the cia doesn't have everything you need to put the full retroarch folder on your sd card)
Do I have to install any other cias?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to install any other cias?
when you load cores it switches what title you have loading in the background (so from retroarch cia to a specific emulator cia). So I'd install a cia for each core you plan to use and keep them in a folder, but that may be unnecessary

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you load cores it switches what title you have loading in the background (so from retroarch cia to a specific emulator cia). So I'd install a cia for each core you plan to use and keep them in a folder, but that may be unnecessary
Since I want to emulate PSX, I should install the "PCSX ReARMed" cia and then open it from home menu and then run the game?

Since I want to emulate PSX, I should install the "PCSX ReARMed" cia and then open it from home menu and then run the game?
By running the game I mean opening the .bin file in the PCSX ReARMed app.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger

By running the game I mean opening the .bin file in the PCSX ReARMed app.

yes, go to the cores in the retroarch folder with FBI and install the pcsx core

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Then I'll run it from the home menu, adjust the settings and start the game, right?

yes, after putting the retroarch folder in the root of your sd card, and the retroarch cia in the cia folder on the sd card,
you put the sd back into your system, then you go to FBI, install the retroarch cia in the cia folder, then go to the retroarch folder, then the cores folder, then find pcsx cia and install that.
then quit out of fbi, you should have two new apps to unwrap, launch the pcsx core, then load content, find your bin/cue

i made a tutorial for settings here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-ps1-games-on-new-3ds-50-60fps.530785/

you can try it with sound, but thats what i got for now, let me know if it works now

Last edited by LowEndC,

legoboy10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm in the app, and when I try to open Crash Bandicoot.bin it still forces me to use a different core.

yes, after putting the retroarch folder in the root of your sd card, and the retroarch cia in the cia folder on the sd card,
you put the sd back into your system, then you go to FBI, install the retroarch cia in the cia folder, then go to the retroarch folder, then the cores folder, then find pcsx cia and install that.
then quit out of fbi, you should have two new apps to unwrap, launch the pcsx core, then load content, find your bin/cue

i made a tutorial for settings here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-ps1-games-on-new-3ds-50-60fps.530785/

you can try it with sound, but thats what i got for now, let me know if it works now
I did all the steps, yet when I open the .bin file it still makes me choose a "suggested core" and PCSX-ReARMed isn't one of them.

Ok, I'm in the app, and when I try to open Crash Bandicoot.bin it still forces me to use a different core.

I did all the steps, yet when I open the .bin file it still makes me choose a "suggested core" and PCSX-ReARMed isn't one of them.
Oh, I see it now

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Wow! It runs very smoothly, at 50-51 fps! Thank you so much!

Reactions: LowEndC

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger

Oh, I see it now

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Wow! It runs very smoothly, at 50-51 fps! Thank you so much!

im betting it was there before all this lol.
good.
im glad it worked out for you.
its probably known that 2d games will work better than the 3d games, but its all trial and error.
have fun!!

Reactions: legoboy10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1