Homebrew RetroArch Problems Comprehensive Database

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking we could come up with a comprehensive list of Retro Arch problems after I haven't found much that is centralized. So far I have this:
RetroArch cores not recognizing games
RetroArch games not letting you select cores
Random Errors that make you restard Atmosphere
CONTROLLER ISSUES: RetroArch started getting weird and now permanently doesn't work, the rest of my CFW works, including NSPs but now I can't use RetroArch anymore unless it has touch function(it doesn't). And I don't think it's because there's some aluminum foil stuck by the pins.

So far I've only been able to get one (foreign Russian -Panzer Front JP/RU-) game to work. But now that I lost functionality I'm stuck with trying to use my Switch for other things. Are there better emulators with functionality?

What are your RetroArch issues so we can all start playing some damn Panzer Dragoon on our TV's...

Last edited by Swing, , Reason: Merging

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pokemon Snap seems to have issues running on any N64 core I use, if I use Mupen64plus-Next the camera won't move at all even if I turn off the left Analog setting in options.. And when I try Mupen64plus the camera starts working again but the Prof. Oaks Picture Results screen is where things go wrong.. Every picture comes up Black and "No Pokemon In Picture" even when you take pictures of Pokemon.

Pokemon Puzzle League just refuses to run whatsoever on any N64 core I use. Which is a shame cause it's one of the games I wanna play the most.

Great idea for a thread btw!
Deff adding this to my watch list.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was thinking we could come up with a comprehensive list of Retro Arch problems after I haven't found much that is centralized. So far I have this:
RetroArch cores not recognizing games
RetroArch games not letting you select cores
Random Errors that make you restard Atmosphere
CONTROLLER ISSUES: RetroArch started getting weird and now permanently doesn't work, the rest of my CFW works, including NSPs but now I can't use RetroArch anymore unless it has touch function(it doesn't). And I don't think it's because there's some aluminum foil stuck by the pins.

So far I've only been able to get one (foreign Russian -Panzer Front JP/RU-) game to work. But now that I lost functionality I'm stuck with trying to use my Switch for other things. Are there better emulators with functionality?

What are your RetroArch issues so we can all start playing some damn Panzer Dragoon on our TV's...

If you delete your config files from your Retroarch folder that should fix your controller issue. The problem is you may have accidentally turned off your switch controller within Retroarch meaning whenever you access Retroarch it doesn't recognise a controller.. Deleting your configs means you gain access to your old settings/options again.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddamn. I reinstalled RetroArch and it still doesn't work. WTF? It only worked like 4 times each time getting worse and worse until there's no functionality whatsoever. I guess I need to download VHBL menu or something

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddamn. I reinstalled RetroArch and it still doesn't work. WTF? It only worked like 4 times each time getting worse and worse until there's no functionality whatsoever. I guess I need to download VHBL menu or something
What is your Switch's firmware version, what CFW are you using/what version is it, what format is your SD card in (FAT32 or exfat), and what exactly are you trying to accomplish in RetroArch that isn't working?

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
additionally, what version of RA are you running? Stable or nightlies?

Honestly if you want to be really effective getting help on these issues, join the RA discord. I can assure you that RA is much more stable than you're experiencing (OP) and they know about the pokemon snap issues (it's being worked on).

Last edited by sirAnger,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know this kind of thread is meant with the best of intentions, but it’s difficult to distinguish actual issues with mere user error.

N64 games for example, you’re supposed to configure the core options per-game because different games need different settings. But so many people just try with the stock settings then consider it an ‘issue’ when it doesn’t work.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW and RetroArch version user is using would be a start. Some things those with 'issues' may have missed are DON'T use exFAT with it, use a Title Forwarder, don't piece together 1.7.5 RetroArch with 1.7.6 cores, and exit it by "Quit RetroArch".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things