Homebrew RetroArch-Hexaeco Emulators

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Pico, I was waiting until a good speed version was released for Hexaeco. Personally I'm a fan of Mesen for PC, and imo FCEUmm is the better emu for Wii but will certainly make one for Nestopia. I know that emu has its loyal fans. mGBA emulator has been released for Hexaeco a few days ago. I wasn't planning on CPS-3 since so few games are available and the speed is concerning. For Pokemon Mini, I am not aware of how well this emulator plays?, can you let me know please. If it plays well, I'd be glad to.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
For Pico, I was waiting until a good speed version was released for Hexaeco. Personally I'm a fan of Mesen for PC, and imo FCEUmm is the better emu for Wii but will certainly make one for Nestopia. I know that emu has its loyal fans. mGBA emulator has been released for Hexaeco a few days ago. I wasn't planning on CPS-3 since so few games are available and the speed is concerning. For Pokemon Mini, I am not aware of how well this emulator plays?, can you let me know please. If it plays well, I'd be glad to.
@RunningSnakes

when was released the mGBA on HEXAECO (you're saying a few days ago)? becuase i don't see updates of RA-HEXAECO since July 2021 :P

For Pokémon Mini HEXAECO, I haven't tested this emulator (PokeMini) but it's an interesting handheld. I suppose it will run at a very reasonable speed since this handheld is very small (that fits on your hand xD).
The roms used for Pokémon Mini games is .min :)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre

For mGBA, I used the SS-RA July 11 release which is based on 0.8.1. You released some single rom loader channels with this core? It still lags the Heavy games but do not think it will be improved much. It would be great if SuperrSonic could make this core full speed but it is still very good on Hexaeco. The official mGBA is King:) and I have released newer channels for both recently.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre

For mGBA, I used the SS-RA July 11 release which is based on 0.8.1. You released some single rom loader channels with this core? It still lags the Heavy games but do not think it will be improved much. It would be great if SuperrSonic could make this core full speed but it is still very good on Hexaeco. The official mGBA is King:) and I have released newer channels for both recently.
Yep.

I highly want @SuperrSonic to update again his RA-HEXAECO with new tweaks, specially on mGBA Wii, but also on PicoDrive, because on this has the stupid issue of the SRAM and still some slowdown in some games, not present in actual Libretro's RetroArch Wii 1.9.12.

I am also wanting to be on RA-HEXAECO these cores:
  • GW (Game & Watch Simulator/Emulator)
  • gpSP Wii (another accurate GBA emulator, originally made for PSP, now ported to Wii too by Libretro)
  • fbneo_sega.dol (this core because i saw fbneo_sega16slow.dol is here but i think it's slow)
  • Frodo Wii (Commodore 64 emulator)
  • VICE (another Commodore 64 emulator)
  • blueMSX Wii (accurate MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/MSX Turbo R emulator for Wii)
  • fMSX (another good MSX emulator for Wii)
  • fixNES (@FIX94's NES emulator, ported to Wii by Libretro)
  • fixGB (@FIX94's Game Boy emulator, ported to Wii by Libretro)
Greetings :)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game & Watch on Hexaeco would be nice. OK, so I tried to boot up Pokemon Mini Hexaeco and "Black Screen" , I had Hexaeco backed up from late January '21 and it works full speed from what I tested. I had this core already set up on my PC RetroArch setup, so it was a quick test and 11 games are what I had in my library. I did not know fMSX was working on Wii, I tried that core some time ago but don't remember exactly the problem I ran into?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Game & Watch on Hexaeco would be nice. OK, so I tried to boot up Pokemon Mini Hexaeco and "Black Screen" , I had Hexaeco backed up from late January '21 and it works full speed from what I tested. I had this core already set up on my PC RetroArch setup, so it was a quick test and 11 games are what I had in my library. I did not know fMSX was working on Wii, I tried that core some time ago but don't remember exactly the problem I ran into?
Problem with PokeMini core?
I will try it later. Please remember that the emu core of PokeMini only supports .min roms
And have you configured correctly the arguments for make a standalone core?
From this quote from @SuperrSonic:
Code:
You take the core you want to make standalone, name it boot.dol and give it a meta.xml and add this:

<arguments>
    <arg>sd:/private/wii/title/SonicTT</arg>
    <arg>Sonic Triple Trouble.gg</arg>
    <arg>sd:/path/to/config/config.cfg</arg>
  </arguments>

Or if you just want the core without a specific game:

<arguments>
    <arg>sd:/path/to/config/name_of_cfg.cfg</arg>
  </arguments>

If it's from a usb device change sd to usb1

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre

The SS-RA Pokemon Mini core from 7-11-21 black screens with or without editing/adding args, however it works fine using older version.
I'm guessing 11 games are the complete library?

I actually do not use the above example to mod for stand-alone, didn't know the info was available. It is pretty much the same thing only without arguments and the core has its own folder.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre

The SS-RA Pokemon Mini core from 7-11-21 black screens with or without editing/adding args, however it works fine using older version.
I'm guessing 11 games are the complete library?

I actually do not use the above example to mod for stand-alone, didn't know the info was available. It is pretty much the same thing only without arguments and the core has its own folder.
Oh.

Do you have older versions of RA-HEXAECO / RA-SS? For archive purposes please... :)

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Nestopia is released. Forwarder Channel is up as well.
Thank you @RunningSnakes.

Since Nestopia is the best NES emulator for PC, now i can enjoy it too on Wii.

Please don't forget of the other emulators i requested.

With Pokémon Mini core (PokeMini) in RA-HEXAECO r11-07-2021 problem, it's actually a regression, because in old version r09-02-2021 it doesn't happen that issue that black screens or, in my case, when in argument mode, the HOME button simply freezes the emulator.

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep.

I highly want @SuperrSonic to update again his RA-HEXAECO with new tweaks, specially on mGBA Wii, but also on PicoDrive, because on this has the stupid issue of the SRAM and still some slowdown in some games, not present in actual Libretro's RetroArch Wii 1.9.12.

I am also wanting to be on RA-HEXAECO these cores:
  • GW (Game & Watch Simulator/Emulator)
  • gpSP Wii (another accurate GBA emulator, originally made for PSP, now ported to Wii too by Libretro)
  • fbneo_sega.dol (this core because i saw fbneo_sega16slow.dol is here but i think it's slow)
  • Frodo Wii (Commodore 64 emulator)
  • VICE (another Commodore 64 emulator)
  • blueMSX Wii (accurate MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/MSX Turbo R emulator for Wii)
  • fMSX (another good MSX emulator for Wii)
  • fixNES (@FIX94's NES emulator, ported to Wii by Libretro)
  • fixGB (@FIX94's Game Boy emulator, ported to Wii by Libretro)
Greetings :)
Does anybody know if he is in fact working on it?It would be really sad if he drop it before we have HID support on it. I'm also curious to see what Niuss will bring to the 5.0 version of Snes9x RX.
I'm really satisfied with what we have already, besides some polishing and some touches in what is already available, can't ask for more.
The hardest thing in my opinion is that we have a lot of information spread in a way that sometimes it's not easy to find, but man, you guys do a excelent job testing and writing your finds.After so many hours here in the forum, I figured a lot of things thanks to lots of you.But let me tell this, I feel sorry for any newcomer :rofl2:

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if SuperrSonic is still working on Hexaeco but my good guess is he IS. His latest releases have new released cores included and my guess is he is fixing/improving many things. Hopefully he is close to a release! Yes, as a newcomer, many things we find easy or take for granted would most definitely be overwhelming. Great thing is, there are still many people in the community willing to help out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16