• Game scanning.
  • Split joycon support.
  • Core downloader.
  • Runahead support.
  • Networking support.
  • Touchscreen support.
  • OpenGL support.
  • 44 cores available.
The RetroNX UI (nxrgui) still needs to be added to upstream.

libretro said:
Thanks to the hard work of the RetroNX devs (natinusala and m4xw), we now have an official RetroArch release for Switch!

You can download RetroArch for Switch here.

Discussion thread here

For full description of features and installation instructions please read the dedicated blog post from libretro below, and for support and discussion, please see the discussion thread linked above.

:arrow:Source (libretro.com)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any issues with installing this on an exfat formatted micro sd card ? I read somewhere about cards getting corrupted and a few uses unless you use fat32.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If I had a means to launch homebrew, I would say “Tales of Phantasia, here we go!”
Usually I would play it on my Shield TV but there is an annoying bug where the emulator randomly exits to the home menu and all progress is lost.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bet many people are wondering what is RetroArch. Can't find that info on the thread.
On this thread? There's a link to libretro and the discussion thread. Or did you mean on the discussion thread? You could suggest an update to the thread author if that's the case.

Reactions: HideoKojima

funnoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did anyone found how to play with 1 joycon per player horizontally ? The default setup uses the two joycon for player 1, can't get the setting right. do I have to remap every button ? Switching joycon order in horizon OS before launching RetroArch does nothing to the controller config.
Thanks !
Btw it runs really really great, using it on a exfat SD I hope to not have any issues with it!

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Links for all Nintendo builds seem to be down on REtroarch page (switch, wii u, 3ds). Throwing 403 error. Other platform builds download fine for me. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: It looks like the links are working now...nvm me :P

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

arcsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to swap MicroSD cards on a CFW Switch? I'm thinking of using a MicroSD with FAT32 file system for emulation purposes then have a separate MicroSD with EXFAT file system for the real Switch games.

Thanks to anyone who can clearn this up for me. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol