Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you trying to load a PSP rom? It's a PSX core. Which only runs PS1 roms

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't. It's because of no dynarec access which means no speedups

I'm not trying to load a psp rom, sorry it was a typo. It's a psx rom. although does it make a difference? just out of curoisty.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
But dynarec isn't working correctly for gpsp, because turning it on results in gpsp crashing randomly and therefore becoming unplayable if you care about saves...

The 3ds community is still waiting for a good gba emulator. GBA VC injection is the best choice right now. Hopefully we will get an gba emulator that is stable and fullspeed one day..

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hey guys, I've seen Aliaspider was active again since a small week. Any improvements on Retroarch for us 3DS users? gpsp stability? Tearing issue?

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you can use cheat files in Retroarch. You just need to download them from the Retroarch buildbot site and place them on your SD card.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can install CIAs then yes, you have dynarec access. Only a few Retroarch cores use dynarec, though: gpSP, Picodrive, and PCSX all have dynarec access. Keep in mind that gpSP's dynarec is buggy and will occasionally crash the emulator. Picodrive needs dynarec in order to run 32X games, as well.

Reactions: Joe007

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can install CIAs then yes, you have dynarec access. Only a few Retroarch cores use dynarec, though: gpSP, Picodrive, and PCSX all have dynarec access. Keep in mind that gpSP's dynarec is buggy and will occasionally crash the emulator. Picodrive needs dynarec in order to run 32X games, as well.

Also speeds up CD games in picodrive.

Reactions: kenseiden

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a9lh lumas on latest version sys will this work for me ? preffer the cia file :P
Is there a stable version for ps1 ?
using n3ds xl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord: lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa