Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there, I haven't followed much what was happening around retroarch and I'd like to know the current state of emulation regarding GBA and NeoGeo, are those at a good state?

Like more than 80% of games running well?

I'd be glad if you give me an answer :)

Reactions: protomouse

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my tests on 10.3 New 3DS, both GBA and Neo Geo cores are running pretty well. A majority of the games I've tested on the Neo Geo core are loading up just fine, even the larger games that I've tested are loading up (SVC Chaos, KOF2002, to name a couple). GBA is running fine, but it also depends on both individual games and which GBA core you use; some games run better on gPSP than on mGBA, and vice versa. So, as long as you're using these cores on New 3DS, they're more than playable for a majority of the games.

However, also keep in mind that I'm basing these on 3dsx builds, and also on the 2015-11-29 builds for the GBA cores, as well as the 2015-11-08 build for the Neo Geo version. I've heard that more recent builds of the arcade cores seem to have problems as of late.

Reactions: Idaho

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my tests on 10.3 New 3DS, both GBA and Neo Geo cores are running pretty well. A majority of the games I've tested on the Neo Geo core are loading up just fine, even the larger games that I've tested are loading up (SVC Chaos, KOF2002, to name a couple). GBA is running fine, but it also depends on both individual games and which GBA core you use; some games run better on gPSP than on mGBA, and vice versa. So, as long as you're using these cores on New 3DS, they're more than playable for a majority of the games.

However, also keep in mind that I'm basing these on 3dsx builds, and also on the 2015-11-29 builds for the GBA cores, as well as the 2015-11-08 build for the Neo Geo version. I've heard that more recent builds of the arcade cores seem to have problems as of late.

How are you running 3dsx builds? RetroArch is the only Homebrew giving me this error every time I try to launch from the Homebrew Channel:

fhOJw5O.jpg

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following development closely since I've been very satisfied with BlargSNES lately, but out of curiosity, how is Genesis emulation on the o3DS right now?

Last I remember it was pretty good with people saying they were getting games at 58-60 fps like Sonic 2 on Picodrive. Has the number of playable games gone up or progress been made on Sega CD games with playable framerates? Thanks.

apprentice57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a "No core" error from the latest nightly. What was the last working nightlies for Pocketsnes and Pcsx?

I got the same error, so I think the problem is with the nightlies. For the record, I got this for both the gpsp core and one of the NES cores (can't remember which) so its no localized to one core.

Can't tell you the most recent working nightly, but I used instead the 12/1 nightly with success.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is a new no item issue introduced into latest nightly, it can‘t recognize extension well,
if you want to use it,turn off filter by supported extensions

takuma-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.

Can you help me?:

i5pybs.jpg

I can´t play the final fantasy vii in retroarch psx. I have the three bios in folder sd/retroarch/core/system. Use the 3dsx in hl 2.5 with payload updated loading the cubic ninja cia in EMUNAND. Is a new 3dsxl 9.2 and the nightly retroarch psx is 7th december.

not if I have to set something else.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by takuma-kun,
D

Deleted-236924

Hi guys.

Can you help me?:

i5pybs.jpg

I can´t play the final fantasy vii in retroarch psx. I have the three bios in folder sd/retroarch/core/system. Use the 3dsx in hl 2.5 with payload updated loading the cubic ninja cia in EMUNAND. Is a new 3dsxl 9.2 and the nightly retroarch psx is 7th december.

not if I have to set something else.

Thanks a lot.
If you are on a <9.2 system you should be using the .cia build as it is faster anyway.
(Probably won't be a fix to your problem but I thought I'd point it out anyway.)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, @aliaspider got back to me on IRC about DSP on the CIA builds. He says the next build will allow for us to extract the needed firmware from a game or app's code.bin, and we just put this code.bin in /3ds on the SD card.

Here's how to get it:
1. Run neobrain's braindump and pick something like Nintendo 3DS Sound. Alternatively, dump a retail game (.CIA or .3DS, it doesn't matter, as long as it's decrypted) and get its exefs.
2. Take the exefs.bin you dumped, and put it on your computer somewhere.
3. Use ctrtool to extract the exefs:
Code:
ctrtool -p -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode exefs.bin

4. After that, grab the code.bin file from the exefs folder, and put it on /3ds on your SD card.
5. Run RetroArch, and it'll auto-extract the firmware.
6. Set the sound driver to DSP and restart RetroArch (not sure if it's necessary, but I did it to be safe).

Afterward, you can remove code.bin from /3ds, but do NOT delete dspfirm.cdc, as that is the DSP firmware Retroarch will use for the CIA builds.
I placed code.bin in /3ds but Retroarch doesn't automatically create dspfirm.cdc. Any advice?

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having a strange issue with the more recent nightlies (dec 9th) - In certain games there's flickering across the top of the screen(tried w/ Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (gpsp) and Megami Tensei: The Old Testament (catsfc)). The flickering disappears when I use a filter, but this slows the games down as well. Tried deleting my config to no avail. This bug seems present (for me, at least) in the oldest build available on buildbot. Anyone else noticed it? Is there a fix?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the Neo-Geo emulator; none of the directionals work, making it impossible to select games. Should I update my payload, delete the config file (where?), what? Thanks for the assistance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo