Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested the new filters on o3DS 10.3 Ironhax, and they work as expected. If any other o3DS users are curious, the least-intensive filters are Darken, LQ2x, and EPX. Performance, of course, varies between the cores.
Have you tested the Darken filter with GBA games?
My bet is that such filter could help out with those games that had the palettes brighter than usual.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

they have been implemented in retroarch for quite some time, they were just not accessible for console ports, so I assume the Wii version didn't have them either.
you could try the newest Wii nightly and see if they now work, the .filt files are the same, so you can just use the ones from the 3DS archive.
Well the latest nightly for Wii doesn't have the filters in the compressed file.
I am not home at the moment so I can't test now, but if anyone can please let me know if the Wii version has this:
"Settings" --> "Video" --> "Video Filter" and select a ".filt" file

What worries me is that Wii RA doesn't have that setting to pull the FILT files :P

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333 Coincidentally enough, I didn't try the filters with the GBA emulators! However, in my opinion, I think the Darken filter is a little too dark for my tastes, but your mileage may vary. :)

johntemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@aliaspider : thanks a lot for fixing the pce_fast core. I guess you might have noticed there is a small video bug: the last horizontal line is full of garbage (in every rom I have tested). I guess there is a tiny bug like a +1 or -1 which is wrong somewhere in screen size calculation.

Keep up with the good job, after having tested dozens of "emulation" consoles I have found with the n3ds + retroarch the perfect retrogaming handheld!

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I didn't see much frame change with scale2X filter,but the graphes are much sharper now.

The problem is, how can I disable the filter?

Last edited by pdapanda,

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dude. Patience. There's always a possibility that nobody else is having that issue. There are nightly builds meaning that people could be so spread out on which version they are on.
i'm on the latest nightly i havent had any problems on the 8th november one maybe i should just go back on that one

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I only had freezing problem with FBA-full core,it will freeze on JOJO when scale2X is enabled.
Also,with the updated cfg, pocketsnes won't show graphic anymore.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So, after taking two days to setup the Smashhax beacon on the local Craptop and updating the Ironhax payloads, I was FINALLY able to test the latest versions of Retroarch.
Noticed in the command line below that it's running on 1.3 apparently. Guess that explains the higher version payload prerequisite.
So officially, PCE works once more (Both with HuCard and [Super]CD-ROM system games), and still crashes upon unloading CD games.
CatSFC+ now properly savestates/loadstates as it should, so that makes replaying Megaman X easier. Yee.
I've also noticed FBA Neo-Geo core now display in the command line the ROM load process. Neat! Should make debugging easier (And possibly put teampleb's ghost at ease).
So indeed, it looks like updating the payload and the 1 1/2 week old builds was worth it! I'm quite happy so far with the small improvements made. If there's any I'm missing however, I'd like to know!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where do i put the roms???

Anywhere. I recommend a dedicated folder for roms at the root, and then direct Retroarch to the general roms directory (Settings -> Directory -> File Browser Dir).

Last edited by SeongGino,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Can we just take a minute to properly thank the devs of these 3DS ports. I mean I'm finally playing gba games fullspeed scaled 2x at fullscreen on my 3DS. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. The entire screen is filled. The ENTIRE SCREEN and it looks native!!!! Wow. This is the day I've been waiting for. God damn. Thank you, thank you. :bow:

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm on the latest nightly i havent had any problems on the 8th november one maybe i should just go back on that one
I have that issue. If you mean the menu goes black on the bottom where it shows the fps at. I have to tap the middle followed by the top or middle right of the screen to bring it back up. I'm using the 11/11 or 11/10 build. 3dsx file on 10.3 hax 2.5 n3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo