Homebrew Question Retroarch and artbox for PSX games -- problem

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For an example...

Megaman - Battle _ Chase (Europe).bin and cue (Inside cue as well)

Megaman - Battle _ Chase (Europe).png

I can see the game on my list but I can't see the art box. Yes, thumbnails and titles are being enable.

I tried Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).bin and cue (Inside cue as well)

And I can see this list but not this:

Megaman - Battle _ Chase (Europe).png

nope then I do this:

Megaman Battle _ Chase (Europe).png

Nope.. Same thing.. Artbox isn't recongised at all. :( HELP ?!?!?!

I used this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RobLoach/libretro-thumbnails-check/master/out/Sony - PlayStation.txt

They aren't helping!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How do you launch games? playlists? if so, just make sure the game title in your playlist is the same as the thumbnail label. Also make sure that the folder structure is right. Your rom filename can be set to whatever you want, but the playlist label and the thumbnail name should be the same, e.g. you have HarryPotter.chd as rom file and in the playlist the firs line is "path": "..../.../HarryPotter.chd" and the second one is "label": "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone".
So, the thumbnail should be named Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.png.

Idk what could be wrong, i never had a single problem with thumbnails..
more info here https://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

Last edited by bad361,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you launch games? playlists? if so, just make sure the game title in your playlist is the same as the thumbnail label. Also make sure that the folder structure is right. Your rom filename can be set to whatever you want, but the playlist label and the thumbnail name should be the same, e.g. you have HarryPotter.chd as rom file and in the playlist the firs line is "path": "..../.../HarryPotter.chd" and the second one is "label": "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone".
So, the thumbnail should be named Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.png.

Idk what could be wrong, i never had a single problem with thumbnails..
more info here https://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

I understand.. According to this:

in playlist titles must be replaced with _ in the corresponding thumbnail filename:

&*/:`<>?\|

And I did that:

Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).bin
Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).cue

I try to do this:

Game shown in the list but art box still didn't showing up.. thumbnails already enable anyway.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I understand.. According to this:

in playlist titles must be replaced with _ in the corresponding thumbnail filename:

&*/:`<>?\|

And I did that:

Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).bin
Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).cue

I try to do this:

Game shown in the list but art box still didn't showing up.. thumbnails already enable anyway.
Ok, i just tried renaming my rom in one of the playlists to Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe) and can confirm that thumbnail with the name Megaman Battle _ Chase (Europe).png WORKS. Also, maybe you accidentally pressed "y" cause it turns off thumbnails.

Last edited by bad361,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i just tried renaming my rom in one of the playlists to Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe) and can confirm that thumbnail with the name Megaman Battle _ Chase (Europe).png WORKS. Also, maybe you accidentally pressed "y" cause it turns off thumbnails.

Its enable. WS, Dreamcast, N64 thumbnails works.. Not playstation thumbnails thought.

What do you mean "y" ? I press Y and nothing. I checked at User Interface and thumbs for both art box and titles are enable anyway.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If it doesn't work only for psx, then double-triple check you folder names for psx thumbnails.Thumbnail folder should be named the same as your playlist.ipl file (whatever your psx playlist name). Everything works as it should for me. Also if nothing works, try backing up you configs and starting from scratch, update cores and databases as well.

Last edited by bad361,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't work only for psx, then double-triple check you folder names for psx thumbnails.Thumbnail folder should be named the same as your playlist.ipl file (whatever your psx playlist name). Everything works as it should for me. Also if nothing works, try backing up you configs and starting from scratch, update cores and databases as well.

I did. Take a look at:

{
"version": "1.2",
"default_core_path": "",
"default_core_name": "",
"label_display_mode": 0,
"right_thumbnail_mode": 0,
"left_thumbnail_mode": 0,
"items": [
{
"path": "/retroarch/downloads/PSX/Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe).cue",
"label": "Megaman Battle & Chase (Europe)",
"core_path": "DETECT",
"core_name": "DETECT",
"crc32": "00000000|crc",
"db_name": "Sony - PlayStation.lpl"

Can you send me your png ? Maybe it didn't like my png. I dont know.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I just renamed one of my existing covers to prove that your names were correct, i don't have this particular game cover. Try resaving it with another program or something or get another image. Show me your psx thumbnail folder structure.

Last edited by bad361,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just renamed one of my existing covers to prove that your names were correct, i don't have this particular game cover. Try resaving it with another program or something or get another image. Show me your psx thumbnail folder structure.

I thank you for your patient and trying to help me out. When you said "Show me your pix thumbnail folder structure.. Funny is that, I move to Windows laptop since I used macOS laptop.

And I caught my eyes that Sony - Playstation folder showing "Sony - Playstation*". So I delete "*" star and it works! :D

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing