Retro Classic Controller headaches

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TestNtune, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013
  1. TestNtune
    OP

Newcomer TestNtune Member

United States
    Bought this yesterday:
    http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/retro-classic-controller/107011
    Well it works as it should on the Wiiu until I go into the vWii. Then it drops connection and wont ever connect again. Really sucks since I bought it for vWii. Anybody have experience with this? If I cant figure out a fix for this then at least mabye I can get a warning out to keep someone else from wasting their money too.

2. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've seen these working for the wii, so I see no reason it shouldn't work for the vwii. Unless there's an issue with how the wii U passes the wiimote sync data on to the vwii?

I really wish there was a way to sync controllers in the vwii; I ran into that with just regular wiimotes, and needing to reboot all the way back into the wii u menu to sync them. Maybe someone with much more programming know-how than myself can make that happen.

3. GorTesK

Member GorTesK Mad Hatter

Germany
    My 3rd party wiimotes always die after switching from wiiu to vwii the first time after booting the wii u. taking out the batteries and inserting them again cures that. Also, I would suggest to only plug in the classic controller after booting a game. wiiflow will end in a blackscreen, if I plug in my 3rd party classic controller and then boot a game.

edit: And can't you just press Home button in vwii and then register your wiimotes in the wiimotes config at the bottom of the screen? not 100% sure, but I thought, I've done that some time ago...

ayrek likes this.
  4. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm, I haven't tried that. I'll have to give that one a go.