Hacking Retrieving a DS save from an EZFA

naupru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put a DS game (NSMB) on my old 256Mb EZFA while I was waiting to get my M3, and I played through much of the game. The game was patched to work on old flashcarts like the EZFA, and I put it on the cart without a loader (so it's the only thing on there).

Is there some way to get the save file out of the EZFA now, or am I SOL? In the EZFA manager the RAM size is 0, and I can't just save it to a file like I could with GBA games.

sirdaver

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I've done it with NSMB. However, you have to select at least 128k for the RAM size to hold that save file. If you didn't do it ahead of time, you might be outta luck. I just use the 1024k size, and when I back up my save, it turns out to be 128k. Hope this helps.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, I did a something similar with NSMB on my EFA. Since the rom was written with 256Kbit save selected I could only retrieve the first 256Kbits (32KB) of it when I went to back up my save - the actual size of the save file should be 2Mbit (256KB).
frown.gif
Worst part is that I didn't realise it at the time and thought I had a proper save file because if I had known I could have used my EZ-Writer to get the full save from the SRAM
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess