Retrieving a DS save from an EZFA

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by naupru, Jul 7, 2006.

Jul 7, 2006
  1. naupru
    OP

Newcomer naupru Newbie

United States
    I put a DS game (NSMB) on my old 256Mb EZFA while I was waiting to get my M3, and I played through much of the game. The game was patched to work on old flashcarts like the EZFA, and I put it on the cart without a loader (so it's the only thing on there).

Is there some way to get the save file out of the EZFA now, or am I SOL? In the EZFA manager the RAM size is 0, and I can't just save it to a file like I could with GBA games.

2. notchristopher

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can't backup saves from ezfa.

3. sirdaver

Member sirdaver Advanced Member

United States
    Actually, I've done it with NSMB. However, you have to select at least 128k for the RAM size to hold that save file. If you didn't do it ahead of time, you might be outta luck. I just use the 1024k size, and when I back up my save, it turns out to be 128k. Hope this helps.

4. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Yeah, I did a something similar with NSMB on my EFA. Since the rom was written with 256Kbit save selected I could only retrieve the first 256Kbits (32KB) of it when I went to back up my save - the actual size of the save file should be 2Mbit (256KB). [​IMG] Worst part is that I didn't realise it at the time and thought I had a proper save file because if I had known I could have used my EZ-Writer to get the full save from the SRAM [​IMG]