RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's weird, but I think what you're essentially doing is that you're renaming a rom save to SaveDataFiler's gateway generated .sav, which somehow fixes or injects itself into CTR-CARD when you run SaveDataFiler. (this is all baseless conjecture so don't take my word for it). Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted out! I panicked just the same, because all I did was play Smash before I got my Gateway, and I didn't want to lose 40+ hours to play the updated version online :lol:

hahaha agreed...and since this is from my personal dump I can play it online with no header woes or worries?

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahaha agreed...and since this is from my personal dump I can play it online with no header woes or worries?

AFAIK, yes! When you dump your game, your header is already on it, so you don't need to worry about changing that around. Just don't forget to 1) replace .3ds with .3dz and 2) make sure you're on the latest version to play online.
Also, you can take the header from your copy of Smash and apply it to any other roms you might have, so you won't have to worry about bans or whatnot! I think the Gateway Rom Patcher works well for that; it's what I use.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dragaan

ahhshit...

save got corrupted when I was switching from a 2gb to 16gb. save is corrupted. I have a backup of the .SAV but savedatafiler is still saying broken when I rename it to that other format looks like everything I did today was for nothing. Had to restore to my retail save ....fuck. Anyway to possibly get it to work?

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
from a 2gb to a 16gb? Is this your microSD for your emunand or your gateway chip? What exactly happened?

Switched my Gateway 3DS microSD card. not even the N3DS MicroSD card. Moved all my ROMS from 4gb card to 16gb card and only Smash Bros would read for some reason. Even though more than one .3DS ROM was on the card. Moved all ROM files from 16gb back to computer then back to 16gb card (one by one) And all the ROMS showed by finally but my smash save the save got corrupt. And the renaming process didn't work. Like the save is actually "broken" I grinded all last night and got my characters unlocked again. But...what happened or what could prevent this from happening?

the 16gb card was for my DSTWO and I moved all my DS files and other NDS related crap to a separate folder. 3DS ROMS are in the root

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switched my Gateway 3DS microSD card. not even the N3DS MicroSD card. Moved all my ROMS from 4gb card to 16gb card and only Smash Bros would read for some reason. Even though more than one .3DS ROM was on the card. Moved all ROM files from 16gb back to computer then back to 16gb card (one by one) And all the ROMS showed by finally but my smash save the save got corrupt. And the renaming process didn't work. Like the save is actually "broken" I grinded all last night and got my characters unlocked again. But...what happened or what could prevent this from happening?

the 16gb card was for my DSTWO and I moved all my DS files and other NDS related crap to a separate folder. 3DS ROMS are in the root

i'd suggest making sure your .savs from your emuNAND microSD are all backed up, and maybe trying the roms again? I've honestly no idea how your saves could have gotten corrupted...

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i'd suggest making sure your .savs from your emuNAND microSD are all backed up, and maybe trying the roms again? I've honestly no idea how your saves could have gotten corrupted...

so the saves on the root of the MicroSD card when I go to MicroSD manager (CIA version) in emunand.I can just copy those to somewhere else to preserve them?

CIA games I can use savedatafiler correct?

smsmiguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i wanna the same thing that you did, but i got the CTR Card Broken problem with MH4U, i need to rename the 0004000000126300.sav to something else to fix it?

Later i'll try to do the process backwards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."