Restoring vWii (slccmpt01) Nand

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gary4356767, Sep 29, 2018.

1. gary4356767
    OP

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    Is there anyway you could restore a vWii nand (.bin) dump without using ftpiiu everywhere or wupserver? I bricked my vWii a couple of months ago. I tried using wupserver to change file permissions but it has been giving me issues ever since I bricked.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I know of no way to do this without using the otp.bin and a NAND dump. I think you can inject files, but I'm not sure what would happen if you tried doing the whole NAND. the only file I've manipulated was to give myself a theme. I have that one file backed up. I also have the NAND, but I never used the file from that to modify. basically, there may be a homebrew. I'm just not aware of it.

3. gary4356767
    OP

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    I have keys.bin and nand.bin. Is otp.bin inside of keys.bin? Also, is there anyway I could manually change the aspect ratio on vWii? I loaded a Wii game from Wii u side and it is stuck on 4:3.

Last edited by gary4356767, Sep 29, 2018
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you may be able to do it that way. I noticed that, with a normal NAND dump and an slcmpt dump -- there's a 1MB difference between the two. I'm not sure why that is. you can't exactly hex compare, since everything has been shifted. it might only work if the differences were at the end of the dump.