Restoring SAV files to retail carts getting more difficult

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rascal, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Rascal
    OP

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe it's just me, but lately my trusty Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool 3-in-1 is unable to restore a lot of SAV files for recent games on both my CycloDS Evolution and A2Ki cards to my retail game carts.

Here are a few examples:
    • Pokemon Platinum - Corrupts SAV file 50% of the time (since game has rotating Backup SAVs) and can lose VS Battles
    • Rhythm Heaven (U) - Blanks out all 3 SAV slots
    • Top Trumps Dr. Who (E) - Can't see the retail cart without "shimming" it with paper, even though the retail cart plays without shimming
    • Moon (U) - Blanks out the SAV area
    Is there a better utility/Slot-2 combination for this or is Nintendo just making it more difficult?

Do enough Flash Card owners even care about restoring SAV files to retail carts to warrant someone developing/updating a utility?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
  3. Rascal
    OP

United States
    Has it worked for you for the ROMS in my post? Considering it is also written by Rudolph, my assumption is that it uses the same code to write to the SAV slot.

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    No I haven't tried those roms, but seeing as how it seems like really the only other thing out there I would go ahead and just try. I mean you got nothing to lose except for like a few minutes.

5. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Rascal: for Pokemon Platinum, you can load up your non-retail save in Pokesav and export as ARDS codes a few sections at a time. Then use Nitrohax to activate on your retail cart.

6. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
  7. Rascal
    OP

United States
    I'm not looking for half-@$$ restores for Pokemon Platinum, I don't want to lose anything when I restore my SAV to my retail cart. I also want to hear from anybody who has had experience with REIN and other SLOT-2 solutions.