Restoring original NNID

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GoatyTV, Oct 7, 2016.

1. GoatyTV
    OP

GoatyTV Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys,

After googling I found one thread that has a similar request and/or clarification. The issue is though I couldn't tell if this guy wanted to restore his original NNID and didn't care if he lost his mod.

If I format my newly modded 3DS running NTR CFW/Luma 3DS w/ FBI installed and all that good stuff so I can log in using my original NNID, will I lose my mod? I have funds on my original NNID and it's also tied to my WII U, so it'd be nice to keep things the same.

And if it IS ok to format the 3DS so I can log in using my old NNID, what would I need to restore after that, or will everything remain the same? Thank you.

2. g309768

g309768 Banned

Banned
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Yes, you won't lose anything for just using your nnid even your a9lh or cfw and yes you can safely format/update

3. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    If i made a backup without an NNID set, can i just restore that once I get to do a DSiware hax/transfer? I honestly don't care to leave behind an NNID since i only buy physical cartridges. I can't remember for my life if that 3ds has one set or not.