Hacking Restoring official IOS to my wii.

Earthboundgiygas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my wii is currently 4.3U, and since i got one of the new red ones, i had to install wakinono's cIOS to transferr over my old data onto my new wii. Id like to remove the cIOS/IOS36 patching, or even better restore all IOS to as if the wii was just opened. Main reason, i have to give the old one back to my family, and i dont want it to brick on them when they update. Any help will be gladly appreciated. They would like their wii back soon, so i need help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u didn't install darkcorp or cIOScorp, then u don't need to do anything

u can leave cIOSs in place, some will be stubbed by an official update but if the Wii isn't being used for homebrew, then that doesn't matter. But yea, unless your Wii was once Korean and was regionchanged to something else, official ninty updates are safe to do. If after doing the update, you're still left with the HBC, u can just delete it from the Wii's Data Management menu.

Earthboundgiygas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if i were to update with some of the newer games like Goldeneye, Epic Yarn, my wii would not brick? And if i were to update from wi fi my wii would not brick? It would just overwrite those IOS to restore them to their originals? Im just waiting to see if its safe to give back the old wii.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I second Xflak's response. Wii's don't brick that easily. In normal cases, an official update will just overwrite whatever IOS'es you have with newer (clean) versions, and all will be fine. Same with most cIOS'es: they just get overwritten by IOS'es without code (=stubs).

If you had priiloader installed, I'd uninstall that as well (just run the same installer again: it has an option to uninstall there). But I think that proggie gets erased in an update as well.
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did u ever install darkcorp/cioscorp?
Was your wii originally Korean?

If your answer is no to both those questions, then it is safe to do any kind of official update. Note that if you enabled any system menu hacks (ie. block updates), you may also need to manually disable them first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2