Hacking Restore Wii (PAL)

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I go into the Wii System Menu and format my Wii, will that delete ALL traces of homebrew/CIOS/Backup Loaders etc etc?

I want to start soft modding my Wii from Scratch

Thanks

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
If I go into the Wii System Menu and format my Wii, will that delete ALL traces of homebrew/CIOS/Backup Loaders etc etc?

Thanks

it removes all but CIOS

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
feidhlim1986 said:

Thanks

it removes all but CIOS

What would be the easiest way to remove all CIOS? Perhaps use AnyTitle Deleter after I've formated my Wii?

zeldafn333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
WiiBlaster said:
feidhlim1986 said:

Thanks

it removes all but CIOS

What would be the easiest way to remove all CIOS? Perhaps use AnyTitle Deleter after I've formated my Wii?
No, you need to overwrite it with the original IOS I believe
I may be wrong

Rudolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zeldafn333 said:
I may be wrong

You're right. Deleting cIOS's will result in a brick, so don't. Install originals instead.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOADS have bricked their wii's using any title deleter - be sure you know EXACTLY what your doing before you use that program

read for about 3 weeks before touching it.deleting an IOS WILL brick your wii if you pick the wrong one.

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rudolf said:
zeldafn333 said:
I may be wrong

You're right. Deleting cIOS's will result in a brick, so don't. Install originals instead.

Ok Thanks for the warning, is there a way to get these original ISO's or can only Nintendo do that? What about that Wii Backup Disc v1.31 thats floating around, would that be any help?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
feidhlim1986 said:

Thanks

it removes all but CIOS
Wrong. It removes the logs.

It removes the channels, but keeps the tickets.

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I think you guys have made me think I wont try to restore my Wii. I just thought having all those different CIOS's and different fixes etc might be hazardous.

So is there really any danger in installing the latest Loaders and CIOS's as they are released?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Thanks

it removes all but CIOS

QUOTE said:
Wrong. It removes the logs.

It removes the channels, but keeps the tickets.
Arm The Homeless, you are WRONG, it DOES remove the tickets!
how do you think i removed all mine? from my old problem with title Lister and any title deleter etc...
Format removes all tickets of old channels/saves etc....other than those legit ones you can get from wiishop
it does not remove cIOS crap

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While I'm here, with these new few Loaders, booting from Disc Channel and whatnot, which would people recommend installing or should I stick with Gamma for now?

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to "uninstall" cioscorp, I would have to copy over the cios files with "virgin" or "originals", is that correct?

Did Cioscorp back up these files when I installed it?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
my view, recommend use Gamma/SoftChip, and don't touch installing all them fake cIOS crap......dangerous stuff, if you realise it or not* and you have the same compat with gamma aswell near enough....without that extra risk....why won't you just save all this time and get a chip anyway?

QUOTE said:
In order to "uninstall" cioscorp, I would have to copy over the cios files with "virgin" or "originals", is that correct?

should have backed them up before hand
wink2.gif
time to find them?

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I suck!
smile.gif
I'm sure I'll be able to track them down.

My buddy has a virgin wii, is there a way to pull them off of that?

(not that I NEED them yet, but they would be nice to have)
smile.gif

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
my view, recommend use Gamma/SoftChip, and don't touch installing all them fake cIOS crap......dangerous stuff, if you realise it or not* and you have the same compat with gamma aswell near enough....without that extra risk....why won't you just save all this time and get a chip anyway?

QUOTE said:

should have backed them up before hand
wink2.gif
time to find them?

Thanks djdynamite, you've been great help. I'll defo steer clear of filling my Wii with loadsa CIOS. Oh and chips cost money, i'm a cheap a$$
wink.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks djdynamite, you've been great help. I'll defo steer clear of filling my Wii with loadsa CIOS. Oh and chips cost money, i'm a cheap a$$
Ok finley, i mean Hornswoggle
wacko.gif
lol, install it* it all down to you, what you want, what you want your wii to go through, hmm maybe the wii has feelings? maybe it could do with some new Operating files? hehe just keep reading up on the cioscorp etc.....and decide what you want to do, and Don't fuck up anywhere...

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Ok finley, i mean Hornswoggle
wacko.gif
lol, install it* it all down to you, what you want, what you want your wii to go through, hmm maybe the wii has feelings? maybe it could do with some new Operating files? hehe just keep reading up on the cioscorp etc.....and decide what you want to do, and Don't fuck up anywhere...

Nah, since my original post was to get rid of the few CIOS I have, I dont think I want anymore:) I might try this as the alternative to CIOSCORP for Disc Channel Backup Loading.

Also, I've noticed just now that my Retail NTSC Smash Bros. Brawl no longer works in my Gamma Channel and rebooter just hangs on a black screen??
I'm on a PAL Wii 3.4E. I was in the mood to play Brawl:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM