Restore to factory settings?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Snapple76, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010

Restore to factory settings? by Snapple76 at 10:06 AM (1,296 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Snapple76
    OP

Newcomer Snapple76 Member

United States
    I installed the homebrew channel, usb loader gx, bootmii as boot2, and the necessary ios/cios to run backups. Is there anyway to return my wii to factory settings before installing all of this? (Not that I want to, I just want to know in case).

2. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    You say you installed it already, then you ask if it's possible to restore it back BEFORE you install this stuff ???? huhh ???

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

3. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think what he's trying to say is that he wants to know how to reset all his settings to a factory state and remove all his hacks, not that he needs it, he just wants to know.

If that's the case, follow the virginize guide in the post above, then format your system settings. Also, if you have a BootMii NAND backup from before you did all those hacks, use that instead.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I just want to note that Virginizing with that Guide is VERY dangerous and you should only use it if you send it to Ninty or something.

5. Nesty

Newcomer Nesty Member

Philippines
    What if he just format the wii system memory, would that restore it to factory settings or virgin wii again?