Restore Sysnand without gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by escequi, Apr 29, 2015.

1. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    So, i've tried system update WHILE in emunand (it did said GW4.1... in system settings), launched eshop, it updated and boom, sysnand got updated instead (SERIOUSLY, I DID CHECKED THE SYSTEM VERSION TO MAKE I WAS ON EMUNAND), any way i can use my nand backup to revert it?

2. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    The system boots into sysnand if you exit settings, you should have updated from there, as to restoring the nand there are some users who can hard mod your DS, someone was doing it for $10 plus shipping I believe!

3. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    lol srsly, i've never seen it said on tutorials i've read, etc. :/ Well, i'm from BR, so guess i'll try to find someone to do it here :P

4. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I see the signature all the time but I forget who does it, they do it worldwide so it shouldn't be a issue of location, if i find their name ill let you know!

5. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    Thanks, i'd like that :) BTW i meant more like for shipping issues, it'll take forever and cost alot

6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    mvmiranda is based in Brazil and has a business doing this sort of thing (console repairs and such).

Get in contact with him, he's experienced with these things.

I would have posted sooner but I couldn't remember his name, so I had trouble tracking him down.

7. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

I think you mean ChrisX930, better if he can get someone in his own country though.

ChrisX930 likes this.
  8. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Thx Zidapi!

9. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet

It's been posted on pretty much every guide I have ever seen. Always something along the lines of "If you exit the system settings menu you are reverted back to the sysnand" It's recommended if you do that to test that you go and run the system update while in the system settings since you can update it straight from there.

10. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

You're not suppose to launch eshop, follow the guide.

LInk the guide.

11. Fou-Lu

Fou-Lu Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    Netherlands

I would warn you against sending anything to ChrisX930. I sent my 3ds to him to unbrick and never got it back.

12. ItsMetaKnight

ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2008
    ChrisX930 is also the guy who got people's 3DS banned from online play by distributing hacked StreetPass data, I believe?

13. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    You should never update from eShop, always update from system settings. eShop - wether you're in emuNAND or sysNAND, will ALWAYS update sysNAND.

You haven't read enough tutorials or dealt with the product enough to see the nuances in it like this. Sorry for your luck. hundshamer is one of the guys that will hard mod and possibly unbrick your 3DS