Hacking Restore NAND problems

br2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I semi-bricked my Wii and i backed up my NAND. I installed BootMii as an IOS. When I try to restore the NAND in BootMii it say something like BootMii is not a boot2 press A+B+X+Y to continue anyway. When you press A then B is says press any other button to exit when you go to press X it backs out. The same thing happens when I try to press them all at the same time. I can still run the HBC so is there any way to restore my NAND using BootMii without it screwing up or can I use a different app to restore the NAND.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT try to install a nand when you have bootmii as an IOS. If you can get to that menu then your wii is still fixable without that nand backup.

What did you do to brick your wii? What region are you?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
br2 said:
I semi-bricked my Wii and i backed up my NAND. I installed BootMii as an IOS. When I try to restore the NAND in BootMii it say something like BootMii is not a boot2 press A+B+X+Y to continue anyway. When you press A then B is says press any other button to exit when you go to press X it backs out. The same thing happens when I try to press them all at the same time. I can still run the HBC so is there any way to restore my NAND using BootMii without it screwing up or can I use a different app to restore the NAND.

You need a GC controller to restore your Nand with BootMii installed as IOS only. Hit all 4 buttons at once(its a bit tricky but it works). BootMii will run first in simulation mode and if that finishes with no errors you can do it.

Beware: If you have a power failure when restoring your Nand your Wii is f´ed up...

br2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
DO NOT try to install a nand when you have bootmii as an IOS. If you can get to that menu then your wii is still fixable without that nand backup.

What did you do to brick your wii? What region are you?

I Installed PreLoader 0.29 then I tried to update it through the Wii to 0.30 then my power shut off. When I turned it back on It went to the PreLoader menu then I clicked system menu and a black screen came up saying "The system files are corrupted. Please look through the operations guide for more help." I'm a noob at Wii hacking so when you mean region I hope you mean the country my Wii is from. It is from the US.

Also I am confused you say I should not restore my NAND. How do I fix it if I don't restore it?
G0dLiKe says I can restore it. So do I restore it or not?

br2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orbulon83 said:
Can you launch HBC from BootMii?

Sounds like you need to reinstall the system menu and/or reinstall Preloader

I can run the HBC. I need to reinstall the system menu

br2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
get your correct region system menu wad with NUSD and install it with wad manager

I downloaded the 4.2u System Menu wad but how do i know which corresponding IOS do I download with it?

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
go to NUS Downloader, and download the latest IOS70.
yay.gif

System Menu 4.2 runs on IOS70 now.
lecture.gif

~modmystuff~

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
br2 said:
Also I am confused you say I should not restore my NAND. How do I fix it if I don't restore it?
G0dLiKe says I can restore it. So do I restore it or not?

Well, you can restore but only if you must do so. I was only pointing to the fact that you can if you need.

Any other way of restoring, like installing sys menu wad and stuff is better than restoring the complete Nand on a BootMii IOS only wii.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest way is to get dop ios mod (v8 just came out) and install the system menu through that. piece of cake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg