Restore backup FW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by powersaver, May 31, 2017.

1. powersaver
    OP

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    Hi, with the ban wave I want to restore my backed-up FW. I have A9LH CFW, can I just restore the backup I made of the stock FW? Or are other steps needed?

2. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    It won't help, your console was likely already logged as hacked, if that's their method of banning.

If you're trying to become unbanned, that won't help either, as they both use the same LocalFriendCodeSeed.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

the_muteKi, Quantumcat and RHOPKINS13 like this.
  3. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    Yes. If you want to return to OFW, just restore the backup you did before you installed A9LH :)

There's always risk of getting banned when you install unofficial firmware. If you return to OFW there should be no risk at all.

That doesn't answer his question?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    This is very bad advice. There's no way to know during which time period Nintendo was logging data about CFW use,except that it probably isn't right now. If his console is flagged, he may become banned later down the track. Uninstalling CFW will not help this. In all likelihood he would end up with a stock, banned console. The worst of both worlds. At least with CFW he can unban using a donor friend code. Without CFW he would be completely stuck.

Pyra likes this.