Restarted with wii hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by YerMommaBiatch, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010
  1. YerMommaBiatch
    OP

Newcomer YerMommaBiatch Newbie

Netherlands
    A loooong time ago me and a friend have hacked our wii's with the whole twilight hack homebrew channel etc. but at some point the wii became borring so I didnt really played it anymore. But nowadays it looked like there were some awesome new games that I want to try, so I burned Mario Galaxy 2 1:1 (patched with BrickBlocker) and I got some error. After a bit of googleing I found out I had to install something called softchip. Alright awesome, but I have no idea what I have to update and what not :S could anybody tell me what things are updated since I hacked my wii or what new programs I should get?

wii 3.3E (the older is still better?)
    cIOS rev 7 (or 6 not sure about it, can you check somehow?)
    Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 (it also says IOS36 V4.18)

Just a little list with what to update and in what order would be very apreciated [​IMG]

side question: Is there already a homebrew N64 emu / loading stuff from usb-stick?

2. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
  3. YerMommaBiatch
    OP

Netherlands
    Its this easy these days? How lovely xD

well thanks man [​IMG]

4. YerMommaBiatch
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah, maybe a bit offtopic but I didnt want to make a new thread just for this, but what is the best backup launcher these days?

5. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    Many will argue, but it is mostly preference. I like wiiflow, some like usb loader gx (buggy and overpacked with garbage), and cfg loader (good, but still not my fave).

6. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    I say cfg usb loader and wiiflow

7. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    the thing about wiiflow is that is it beautiful, and also simple. It is one of the more simpler usb loader of our time, but it does not have the compatibility of some of the other loaders with extra confusing feature.

Basically, I've been able to play every game that I've wanted with wiiflow official that aren't IOS reloading games. But every person has differnet wants, for example using fat32 to store games or ntfs. I still prefer wbfs over anything else and wiiflow is native to wbfs....(please correct me if I'm wrong).