[RESOURCE] NTR Debugger (My fork)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DesuIsSparta, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DesuIsSparta
    OP

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    no longer working on this, sorry

Last edited by DesuIsSparta, Jul 3, 2016
  2. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    Cool. Good that you're doing this, since I hate seeing projects that have a lot of potential later on go to waste myself. Even if it's small changes.

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I should get into trying out the NTR debugger, and if this client is in C#, I can definitely play around with it...

4. DesuIsSparta
    OP

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Worth mentioning i'm now working on a multiplatform version, being rewritten in Java.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Many more features to be included in the multiplatform than the original, such as proper macros and better debugging.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Ptrk25

Ptrk25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 6, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Wanted to do this too , but I think it is yours now :)

6. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    With it I could make screenshot of NTR Menu? I want make screenshot of Menu NTR. How?

7. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    If you want, I suggest you to make another type of this. Typing commands looks cool sometimes, but it is not that easy to use.
    Connect Dialog, Process List, Memory Layout, Data Dump/Data Write.. GUI with context menu.
    You would need to use Delegate to pass data from Receive Thread to UI Thread to update data/view.
    Yeah you can think after some time.. If you wish. And still good for you to take look at any code, yup.

8. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Why the C# hate? :(
    Either way lookin good. :)

9. DesuIsSparta
    OP

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    If you were planning to do so in Java, I'll open source it soon so you can contribute if you're interested :D

Are you asking how to make a screenshot of the 3DS Screen while the NTR Menu is up? That's something you'd have to do from your CFW I believe.

No worries, commands are mostly optional, there will be a 'buttons mode' as well, for easier use. I personally prefer commands but buttons are good for people who don't like typing or who don't want to wait.
    Good suggestion though!

Thanks :) I don't like c# because I have no idea how to organize the project properly.. I've used Java for a few years now so I'm pretty confident in my workflow. I use Maven for dependencies and compiling, JUnit for unit testing, and organize all of the files into single (mostly) class files in the appropriate packages. I try to write somewhat modular code, though I often get stressed over trying to write the most modular code possible and end up not working on the project :P so I'll just do what works and fix it when I have more time.

I would really like to use C#, since I do know how to program some things in it, however I haven't found a good project flow and structure resource, which kills me because I have some weird programming OCD.

Syphurith likes this.
  10. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    I do not make screenshot while the NTR Menu is up, I hold "hot keys" or "take screenshot" but only do the screenshot when NTR Menu is down :( For this cause, I asked if with Debugger I could screenshot to the NTR Menu.

11. DesuIsSparta
    OP

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    I don't know if it's possible, but i'll look into it. Better to ask the firmware developer, though, since this is simply a tool attached to the firmware, not an edit of the firmware itself.

12. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
  13. gamer4lif3

gamer4lif3 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    any good tut's on how to use this i don't have a clue how to find cheats im used to cheat engine type thing

14. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    DesuIsSparta likes this.
  15. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Quick question; does NTR Debugger work on Old3DS?

16. DesuIsSparta
    OP

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Sorry dude I really don't know. See the above reply, since it could just be a capture card used.

- Run CTR
    - open the game
    - enable debugger
    - open debugger on your pc
    - use command 'ListProcesses()' on the debugger
    - Find your title ID in the processes listed, and take note of it's address (for example ALBW on my 3DS is 0x28)
    - use command 'MemLayout(PROCESS ID)' to see the accessible memory ranges. For most games, your cheats will be in the 4000000 - MAX_SIZE range
    - (OPTIONAL) Dump your current ram by using the 'Data' command. Example: "Data(START_ADDRESS, END_ADDRESS, file='FileName.OptionalExtension', pid=PROCESS_ID). Note: This can take a while, might be faster on N3DS. Mine usually takes about 5 minutes to dump. It's not a problem with the program, but rather a problem with the 3DS or the NTR firmware; i'm not sure which yet.
    - Use command 'Data' to check the values at a certain address.
    - Use command 'Write' to [over]write the data

Here's a better tutorial (I can't find the post but I take no credit for this).
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Yes. I use the O3DS XL. NTR works on any device whose base firm is supported. If you're running through ReiNand or RXTools you're good to go. my 3DS emunand needed to be updated in order for it to work, though (9.2 -> 10.5)

Voxel likes this.
  17. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Ah, that's brilliant! So it should be able to work on rxtools 10.3 emunand then. :)