So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can only get one.
Which one shall I buy, what do you think is better.
I have read reviews and on metacritic they have the same at 81.
I have never played a monster hunter game before..
I dont really like the fact that you just hunt monsters, thats it, no levelling up, story etc
But I do like the 400+ missions!

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only game I've played out of the 2 was Resistance Retribution. It's a great game, but the only problem is the hard to use controls, considering it's a shooter and all. It does have auto aim to make it easier, though.

Also the online isn't bad, I played a bit of the online and it was pretty fun. Also if you've got a PS3 and Resistance 2, you can "infect" your PSP version of Resistance and make your character have some super powers or something. All I know is that his eyes glow yellow.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Do you like shooting games or monster hunting games?

They're both incredibly different.

Chances are, you probably won't like Monster Hunter if you've never played it before, go watch some Youtube videos before deciding if you like it or not though, it isn't just simple hack and slash gameplay. Shooters, on the other hand, are usually enjoyable for all due to their varied difficulty settings and easy to get used to controls, as well as, usually, linear gameplay.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Do you like shooting games or monster hunting games?

They're both incredibly different.

Chances are, you probably won't like Monster Hunter if you've never played it before, go watch some Youtube videos before deciding if you like it or not though, it isn't just simple hack and slash gameplay. Shooters, on the other hand, are usually enjoyable for all due to their varied difficulty settings and easy to get used to controls, as well as, usually, linear gameplay.
I have seen many videos and seen my friend play before, it looks pretty good.
I tend to enjoy shooting games

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted monster hunter but its personal preferance, personally I don't like many shooters that are out for the PSP mainly because theres a lack of a second joystick for aiming (design flaw imo), I like the monster hunter games in general, fighting monsters, getting stronger to hunt the bigger game and there is multi player also although I haven't tried it myself but I really enjoy the single player.

I remember the first time I played a monster hunter game I walked into an area and this huge dragon thing killed me out of no where......after that I didn't go back there until the game made me
ninja.gif

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
I voted monster hunter but its personal preferance, personally I don't like many shooters that are out for the PSP mainly because theres a lack of a second joystick for aiming (design flaw imo), I like the monster hunter games in general, fighting monsters, getting stronger to hunt the bigger game and there is multi player also although I haven't tried it myself but I really enjoy the single player.

I remember the first time I played a monster hunter game I walked into an area and this huge dragon thing killed me out of no where......after that I didn't go back there until the game made me
ninja.gif
do you think monster hunter is begginer friendly?

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Monster Hunter. It's one of those games that you can't beat within a few weeks, unless you've played it before, you catch on fast, or you had some help.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Monster Hunter, you can play online, but you need XLink Kai and a special Wifi adapter.

And you don't need some people to help you with certain quests. It's completely possible to beat every quest without any help. In fact, a lot of people do that.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can solo Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's incredibly difficult, but it's 100% possible.

It's also not noobie friendly and has a steep learning curve. If you're patient enough though, you can learn. Unite is actually much easier than the past games because of the inclusion of the cat that goes to battle with you.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when I first played monster hunter I was confused to hell, but after an hour or so I pretty much knew what I was doing, its not overly difficult to get to grips with but its well worth the play.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good choice!

You might hate it in the beginning, because you'll really have to learn to use weapons and get a feeling for the timing of blocking/dodging/attacking/eating/whatever you do during a fight. Just stick with it when you have that, you won't get dissapointed. Also, you'll probably have major trouble when you're out to fight the first Wyverns. Most people hit that "wall" at Yian Kut-ku, the first Wyvern. I didn't have much trouble with him, but I've now found my match at Khezu, which is the third Wyvern. I mostly die because of my own mistakes, but I'm trying to stick with it myself. I keep getting closer to defeating it, just need to keep at it and take note of what I'm doing wrong.

I've played Resistance for a while. It was my first shooter for PSP (unless you count Killzone, but that is vastly different). Controls felt really awkward and you're barely doing anything because the whole game is functioning by spamming lock-on and shooting. I knew the PSP wasn't the best for the shooter genre, but this is far worse then I had expected.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rauthelegendary said:
Good choice!

You might hate it in the beginning, because you'll really have to learn to use weapons and get a feeling for the timing of blocking/dodging/attacking/eating/whatever you do during a fight. Just stick with it when you have that, you won't get dissapointed. Also, you'll probably have major trouble when you're out to fight the first Wyverns. Most people hit that "wall" at Yian Kut-ku, the first Wyvern. I didn't have much trouble with him, but I've now found my match at Khezu, which is the third Wyvern. I mostly die because of my own mistakes, but I'm trying to stick with it myself. I keep getting closer to defeating it, just need to keep at it and take note of what I'm doing wrong.

I've played Resistance for a while. It was my first shooter for PSP (unless you count Killzone, but that is vastly different). Controls felt really awkward and you're barely doing anything because the whole game is functioning by spamming lock-on and shooting. I knew the PSP wasn't the best for the shooter genre, but this is far worse then I had expected.
Lol, you might hate it at the beggining...
Well, not hate... but not enjoying it that much. But this message has inspired me to go on!
Thanks

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rauthelegendary said:
Good choice!

My advice for Khezu is to use the Longsword Wyvern Blade "Fall". Go for its legs. Generally, you can avoid all its attacks using O then ^ then O+^ (^ = Triangle). You can switch it up if you notice Khezu's about to do something different.

And the Kut-Ku is a pushover once you learn how to avoid its tail whip. IMO, the tail whip is Kut-Ku's hardest attack to avoid, just because I usually don't see it coming o-o

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Monster Hunter... Resistance Retribution is a good game too, but MH gets more exciting as you progress further into the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021