Resident evil revelations?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by nexuspunk, Apr 24, 2013.

Apr 24, 2013
  1. nexuspunk
    OP

Member nexuspunk the mysterious one.

United States
    so i recently saved up enough money to, buy resident evil revelations from my local k mart. but i cant help but notice at certain points, just for a split second the game seems to have lag. did anyone else notice this or is it just going on with me?

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    I don't recall any lags.

3. nexuspunk
    OP

United States
    Must have been a hiccup then, thanks for answering so quickly.

4. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    The only lag I've ever come across is when the game is auto-saving at certain checkpoints or when the player is using the elevator in the ship. Like the OP mentioned it like for a split half-second that it's barley noticeable.

chavosaur likes this.
  5. nexuspunk
    OP

United States
    i kinda have just noticed this, but at those doors that have the spinner before they open the game tends to lag there to. i guess it has some bugs, heres to hoping that capcom patches this?

6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Is this a game you should play with the CCP?

7. joshstyle

Member joshstyle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only i have lag in RE:R is in the elevator like you guys. It's most likely because the 3ds has to load up the rest of the map and stuff, that's why it lags, but it isn't game breaking.

8. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    No, not at all. The game plays perfectly without it. The only games that ever needed the CPP to play properly was Metal Gear Solid and MH to some degree.
    Oh and games like KI:U if you're a lefty.

You only thing CPP gives you is second circle pad camera control, something that just as easily can be controlled with the thumb on the touchscreen. And you never needed it unless you wanted to take a better look at the surrounding environment.
    The game is over the shoulder anyways and has tank control either case. You can't run and gun at the same time as it's more of a horror game. You can strafe however using either control method. Also combining the gyro and the regular circlepad gives you incredible precision in this game. You lose the 3D effect, but the 3D effect isn't as well implemented as in other titles so no huge loss there. 4xAA without lag is impressive to say the least.

The only lag you'll encounter is when you're in an elevator loading the next part of the game, but it doesn't matter much as there won't be any enemies in those places anyway. Could have been replaced with a loading screen instead, but that's it, no need to patch anything.

9. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    When you fight the BOWS sometimes there's a small lag as well~
    Otherwise, it's mostly just checkpoint lags I've experienced.

10. nexuspunk
    OP

United States
    well as you said its not game breaking, and i am glad to see it was not just me having these issues. riot mode is great btw, i have gotten used to the loading lags and what not. i just wish that capcom had maybe tested this game, before releasing it to the general public. with all the hype and what not, but what can you do, i would go trade it back in for maybe dark moon but i threw away the receipt

11. DiabloStorm

Member DiabloStorm Five Gold Star Medalist

United States
    It's not a bug, it's the game's (and Capcom's) way of 'seamlessly' adding in a loading screen.

12. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Now that you mention it, there are some lags in elevators and when you open doors to new areas. These are due to the game loading the areas in memory. However in-game I didn't notice any lags. It seems to be a very well programed game.

13. nexuspunk
    OP

United States
    still i wish they could have at least looked it over, and maybe idk make it a little less aggravating i would have preferred the loading screens

14. DiabloStorm

Member DiabloStorm Five Gold Star Medalist

United States
    There's really no difference, all you'd get is some static image overlay while the game loads. Instead they tried to preserve the gaming immersion by doing what they did.

Also...are you down for Multi-Player? (hopefully we'll be somewhat similar in levels)

15. nexuspunk
    OP

United States
    eh i guess your right, but after seeing what they did with resident evil 5 and 6. You kind of hope they make the loading times and such, as smooth and as painless as in them.