Hacking Resident Evil 4 stopped working after downgrade

MrNoSox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I did a search before this, but couldn't find anything. If it's out there I apologize.

I did the twilight hack on my 3.4 wii. I did the WAD fix and kept it at 3.4. Everything was working fine with the exception of a few games. After a couple of weeks, i went ahead and downgraded to 3.2 so I could install Starfall and everyone seems to think 3.2 is the best to use anyway. Well, I just wen to play RE 4 (which was working perfectly before the downgrade) and it keeps telling me the game disc cannot be read. I've tried every option in the loader (gamma) but nothing works. I'm using Dj_Taz's wad.

Any help would be appreciated.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrNoSox said:
Hey guys. I did a search before this, but couldn't find anything. If it's out there I apologize.

I did the twilight hack on my 3.4 wii. I did the WAD fix and kept it at 3.4. Everything was working fine with the exception of a few games. After a couple of weeks, i went ahead and downgraded to 3.2 so I could install Starfall and everyone seems to think 3.2 is the best to use anyway. Well, I just wen to play RE 4 (which was working perfectly before the downgrade) and it keeps telling me the game disc cannot be read. I've tried every option in the loader (gamma) but nothing works. I'm using Dj_Taz's wad.

Any help would be appreciated.

make the same question here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131884next time, just dont put it here

MrNoSox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I put it here is because it is related to me hacking my Wii. It just so happens that it is the RE 4 game that stopped working. It could be any game and I would ask the same question.

What did I do in my hacking process that made a game stop working.

If a MOD wants me to move it, that's fine.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when your at 3.2 why don't you go install softmii? had a 3.3 wii with backuploader and also downgraded cose of preloader and the starfall like protection for bricking the wii. then just installed softmii out of curiousity and wont want to go back to backuploader period.

search to forum for softmii try that.

MrNoSox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Phratt! That worked perfectly! I actually went ahead and upgraded to the latest.

BMasterP, I've never looked into SoftMii before you suggested it. I just went to the site and it looks really nice. If I install this, will it mess up anything I've installed so far? If I read correctly, This should load more backups than any other method. Is that correct? All I do is boot up, put in a disk and load it through disc channel? No special voodoo needed?

kimikal27, thanks for trying to help.

D

Deleted User

Just do the softmii, it's the heaven for all of you softmodders.

Head to teh softmii site (Don't know the link) for moar enfo

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you install SoftMii make sure you read at least 4 or 5 times. Then do some research on:
Cioscorps.
Preloader .27
Any Region Changer M5.
It sound like your just getting started the backup loader are a great start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...