OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have an o3ds running latest firmware and latest luma

Going through the sd card it's full of old junk and was going to format and restart fresh.

Can anyone tell me is it just a case of copying over luma and godmode with any other titles and stuff I want or is there something else needed entirely?

Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone

I have an o3ds running latest firmware and latest luma

Going through the sd card it's full of old junk and was going to format and restart fresh.

Can anyone tell me is it just a case of copying over luma and godmode with any other titles and stuff I want or is there something else needed entirely?

Thanks

If u format it will change the encryption keys making the data installed useless

Reactions: Deleted User

Bailie89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If u format it will change the encryption keys making the data installed useless
Really I could have sworn I've done this before when I got a bigger sd card but there where certain things that needed transferring back over?

D

Deleted User

That guy is wrong, all you need to do is put "Nintendo 3DS" folder, "luma" folder, "3ds" folder, "boot.firm" "boot.3dsx", "DCIM" folder (if you want to keep your pictures and videos), "cheats" folder, and anything else you want to keep onto the new SD card. (If some of these listed items don't exist, then don't worry about it, just copy the ones that do.)

Last edited by ,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guy is wrong, all you need to do is put "Nintendo 3DS" folder, "luma" folder, "3ds" folder, "boot.firm" "boot.3dsx", "DCIM" folder(if you want to keep your pictures and videos), "cheats" folder, and anything else you want to keep onto the new SD card. (If some of these listed items don't exist, then don't worry about it, just copy the ones that do.)
It's a fact if u format the 3ds the encryption keys will change look it up

D

Deleted User

It's a fact if u format the 3ds the encryption keys will change look it up
This guy is asking about formatting his current SD card to get more storage space and moving all of his files to a new SD card. He is not asking about formatting his 3DS console.

Last edited by ,

Bailie89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This guy is asking about formatting his current SD card to get more storage space and moving all of his files to a new SD card. He is not asking about formatting his 3DS console.
Yes this is what I was talking about. I backed up the sd card reformatted it and moved over what I needed works a treat now.

The error I was also getting on pokemon y has now been resolved aswell [emoji16]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end