Hacking Reset console after installing cfw (NTRboothax)

nehcxeam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, so I'm new here and just bought my 2DSxl. Because I had a DS lite with a flashcard, I wanted to play my old Roms. Thats why I ordered an R4 flashcard as well. I followed a guide on how to install a cfw that I can play Rom from my flashcard. I followed every step, but it said that my 2Ds couldnt find a backup.bin file. I was told to rename it but i looked on my PC. It was not there. So, I asked for help and waited. No answer. I thought if I factory reset my 2DS I could give it a new shot. So I did. But now after I reset I read something with luna and my DS crashed after starting Mario card DS (actually bought and legit game). I tried to redo the whole process, but it seems like the reset was not successful, because my 2DS boots differently as it did the first time. And in the settings it says sys 11.7 and not version 11.7. How can I reset my DS the fastest and easiest way? Thank you for reading and hopefully helping me. :)

PS: This is the guide i followed:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never follow video guides, they are always out of date. Please always use the community guide, https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Now are you just trying to restore the flashcart data or is your DS-Mode not working on your 3DS? Both are covered in the guide
This part has all the files needed to recover a flashcart after NTRBoot is installed on it.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
This part has all the files needed to recover DS-Mode if it's somehow broken
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting

nehcxeam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the quick help. If my flashcard is inserted I cant see it on my DS, which means my flashcard is somehow not right (?). And my Nintendo like I said crashed and said something with luna. This means I have to do both, doesnt it? And if dont have to and do it anyways, it wont cause anything unwanted, right?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you for the quick help. If my flashcard is inserted I cant see it on my DS, which means my flashcard is somehow not right (?). And my Nintendo like I said crashed and said something with luna. This means I have to do both, doesnt it? And if dont have to and do it anyways, it wont cause anything unwanted, right?
It sounds like you just need to download the backup file for your cart and use the NTRBoot flasher to restore that backup file. The guide I provided has all of the backup files (including the R4i Gold Pro,) that you will need.

nehcxeam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is just the problem that I reset my 2DS and all my apps that have been added are gone (FBI, homebrew and so on)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most flashcards programmed with a ntrboot payload do not work as... DS flashcards, except Acekard2i
before I tried to hack it, I was able to see it. And when I started it, it said no data. Thats what you mean?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there is just the problem that I reset my 2DS and all my apps that have been added are gone (FBI, homebrew and so on)
So what? Reinstall them (if you want them back, that is) with health&safety injection or Rosalina's 3dsx loader

before I tried to hack it, I was able to see it.
It was most likely not flashed with ntrboot, but with its regular flashcard firmware

And when I started it, it said no data
You probably did't have the right kernel files on the flashcard's microSD (which doesn't matter, while it's programmed with ntrboot)

nehcxeam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
section 3 step 10: my device is not loading the HB launcher. An error occurres and my only option is to shut down.
It says: Processor: arm11 core1
exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Fault status: debug event
current process: loader (couple of 0's)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
section 3 step 10: my device is not loading the HB launcher. An error occurres and my only option is to shut down.
It says: Processor: arm11 core1
exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Fault status: debug event
current process: loader (couple of 0's)
Do you have the latest boot.3dsx?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr