Required ISO needed to install channel WADs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SomeGuy2009, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010
  1. SomeGuy2009
    OP

Member SomeGuy2009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am trying to mod a friends US wii that had 4.2 on it. I was able to get the HB channel installed via hackme bannerbomb and that part is working. However when ever I try to install a channel wad it gives me a 10xx error. I know my wads are good as I copied my personal WII SD card that I use on my wii for him to use with his wii that I was modding. When I orignaly modded my wii about a year ago I used the zelda twilight exploit and unloaded/installed a crap load of IOS's to get me going. So far every WAD I try to install fails with this 10xx.

My question I guess is which IOS needed to be installed/used when trying to install a channel? I have tried with 222/223 and 249 I think but all give this error. Im still a little unclear on the trucha bug thing. Is it an exploit or something?

As always......Thanks in advance,

~SG

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    search for and use nus auto downloader

3. apoptygma

Member apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sounds like you skipped the trucha bug. you need to do the 'Trucha Bug Restorer ' incase you forgot since you did yours [​IMG]

4. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    you are a retard for saying -10xx

seriously; the ES module of IOS only has -10xx return value's
    1017, currupted data or non existing call
    1026, aunautorised

etc etc etc

5. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    What version of waninkoko's cios do you have? If it's 18 or above I'm pretty sure you need to choose a spcific base

6. SomeGuy2009
    OP

Member SomeGuy2009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @ lulwut,

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I am retarded. I like to think I am a relatively educated individual. However in your defense I could have been a little more accurate in my error code description. That much I will take blame for. However being that this was the best and most helpful reply you could come up with I can only assume that it shows your maturity in which case we can do without. But then again everyone is entitled to there .02 cents.

@ apoptygma,

So then maybe (I havent checked yet) trucha bug is still enabled/restored on my wii this whole time. I was reading is a few places and I thought it said to make sure and uninstall it with ATD. I will check that out thanks.

@XFlak,

I hadnt herd of NUS Autodownlaoder. I just downlaoded it and checked it out. Looks pretty sweet. Thanks for that.