[request] ticket deleter

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cucholix, Jun 23, 2017.

1. cucholix
    OP

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I know you can do it through ftpiiu everywhere but hunting down the specific ticket to be deleted require you first generate a keys file with tik2sd, then find the folder for the ticket and then deleting with ftpiiu everywhere.

It could be useful for people who use VC injections, so they can use this app when installing a duplicate ID. Also useful if you have a non-legit ticket from eShop and decide to buy the game.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    I'm out the loop. What happened when you try to install a legit game while having an non legit ticket of said game?

I know on the 3DS nothing happends.

3. cucholix
    OP

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I dunno, I always delete the fake ticket first. But every game (ID) should have just one ticket associated, I had duplicated tickets once and yeah nothing happens but that's not the way the system works normally.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    It's kind pointless requesting wiiu homebrew to be made the 3ds homebrew screen has a huge amount of devs working on it and less than 1% of requests get made. The wiiu has only about 4 to 5 devs working on it so your chances of a request getting made are round about 0.00000000000000001% lol

5. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It dismisses the fake ticket and installs it using legit ticket instead.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  6. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    So basically like the 3DS? Got it.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    not deleting a fake ticket while installing a real ticket for the same game will result in installation failure if the ticket is first in the .tik file. I think it has to be first, but it may happen if it exists at all.

edit: I wasn't sure if I was clear enough, but I mean the game will fail install. I experienced this when I accidentally installed a fake ticket over a legit one. it was first in the .tik file as well, so I'm assuming it might need to be first in line.

Last edited by godreborn, Jun 23, 2017
    cucholix likes this.